Watering Division Manager
Job Number: 1600
| Langley, British Columbia
| Posted on Jan 05, 2018
Horizon Landscape Contractors is Hiring a Watering Division Manager
As an industry leader for over 20 years, Horizon provides superior landscape construction and maintenance services for Western Canadaâ€™s commercial, government, and residential development sectors. With the companyâ€™s various divisions and experienced crews, Horizon Landscape Contractors is uniquely qualified to handle any job in the landscape industry. Proud to be based out of Langley BC, we have successfully installed and maintained multi-million dollar projects located throughout Canada. Horizon is a family and we are exciting to be growing!
Leading the Watering Administration team, the Watering Division Manager acts as a primary contact with customers, and manages their account and the delegation of task execution. The position is full time year-round. The watering season typically runs from April to October. During the off months, there would be several options should the individual wish to work through the winter, either transitioning to winter work consisting of working with our snow and salt crew, winterizing pumps and motors and setting up for the next watering season and or/assisting in our Landscape Construction division or our maintenance division.
- Acts as a primary point of contact for all contracts, Municipal, commercial and residential
- Invoicing for final review
- Lead bi-weekly crew meetings
- Complete/compile documents for Human Resources/Safety as required
- Liaise with Administrative Manager on truck insurance documentation and requirements
- Assist Human Resources and Safety Coordinator with recruiting and safety initiatives as required
- Manage repairs and maintenance for in-house maintenance shop
- Assist with crew orientation and training as required
- Assist with site checks as required
- Order and maintain tracking system for ordering equipment over $500
- Assist the Watering Administrator and Watering Field Liaison as required
- Complete all pre-season and post-season duties as required
- Overseeing the install, care and removal of 30,000 gator bags
- Oversee the install of deep root probing
Post-Secondary education in business administration
Post-secondary education in industry related topics an asset (ie: Horticulture, Plant ID)
Minimum 2 years' experience in an administrative role
Minimum 2 years' experience in a supervisory role
Experience driving a heavy truck an asset
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent command of the English language
- Strong oral and written communication skills, some public speaking is required
- Strong computer literacy and experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Strong organizational and tracking skills - must be detail oriented!
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong managerial skills (delegation, coaching and discipline)
- Strong knowledge of navigating the City of Surrey and/or City of Coquitlam an asset
- Excellent map reading comprehension an asset
- Demonstrated safe driving record an asset
- Ability to deal with conflict resolution and negotiation
- Ability to manage day-to-day stresses with tact and professionalism
- Basic understanding of small equipment maintenance
- Some landscaping experiences
- Management or crew lead experience
- Passionate about trees/the environment/landscape
- Go getter-self motivated
- Detail Oriented
- small equipment maintenance
- lead by example attitude.
- mechanical understanding
This position requires a significant amount of time sitting using a computer while also being able to stand/walk for longer stretches of time. Bending, twisting and lifting in excess of 50lbs is required on occasion. Individuals should be in average physical condition to be able to complete the requirements of the position.
This position required the individual to work in a mostly indoor setting while there is work outside. The indoor setting is a normal office environment while the outdoor setting may require work in extreme heat, cold, rain and wind.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $22.00 to $28.00 /hour (TBD, based on experience)
Horizon offers many competitive benefits to its employees, including profit sharing, life and health insurance and more!
Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com or apply on our website https://www.horizonlandscape.ca/applyonline
Horizon Landscape Contractors
Langley, British Columbia
Jan 31, 2018