Job Number: LT-22-2018
| Odessa, Ontario
| Posted on Feb 13, 2018
Under the direction of the Technical Supervisor and full-time Horticulturalist, this position is responsible for the design, preparation, planting and maintenance of municipal horticultural displays.
- Grade 12 education and successful completion of a two-year post-secondary diploma in Horticulture or closely related field, along with 2 years of relevant experience in a horticultural/gardening role, including landscape design, bed preparation, planting, and maintenance of horticultural displays.
- A valid driver's license, with a satisfactory driver's abstract is required, a Class DZ is an asset
- Thorough knowlege of plant materials with a demonstrated ability in, and knowledge of, seasonal growth cycles necessary to enhance parks' beautification.
- Demonstrated ability to design and implement garden and landscaping plans.
- Demonstrated experience, knowledge and understanding of tools, equipment, and procedures relevant to gardening/horticultural activities.
- Thorough knowledge of industry practices for plant health care, including insect and disease identification, pest management controls, seasonal growth cycles and propagation.
- Must have knowledge of provisions of the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Proficient computer skills, combined with the ability and willingness to adapt to new technology. Working familiarity with Dynascape or similar software for landscape design is preferred.
- Deomnstrated ability to work independently and as an effective team member.
- Strong time management skills with the ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines.
- Good communication skills, and the ability to be professional and courteous when interacting with other staff and the public.
For a copy of the full job description and job posting, please visit the Loyalist Township website at www.loyalisttownship.ca
Apr 02, 2018