Job Number: SM - 001
| Mississauga, Ontario
| Posted on Apr 04, 2018
We are seeking a landscaper to fill the position of Landscaper Labourer. Ideal for students and willing to train.
The Landscape Labourer is responsible for performing a variety of work tasks in order to manage the timely completion of grounds maintenance service contracts. The Landscape Labourer will be required to operate a variety of landscaping tools and equipment.
- Cut grass, trim edges, clean up refuse, blow trimmings, fertilize and water turf areas and perform other lawn care duties.
- Spray and dust areas to control insects and/or weeds.
- Operate power equipment including, but not limited to, lawn tractors, lawn mowers, line trimmers, blowers, hedge trimmers, pruning saws, sod cutters, chain saws, and snow blowers etc.
- Assist in other job-related duties including construction projects, shop and yard maintenance, vehicle and equipment maintenance
- Comply with all company policies and regulations
- Work in accordance with all local health and safety laws and regulations
- Communicate with customers in a polite and courteous manner
- Ability to work with hand tools, power tools, small engine equipment and materials
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs. repeatedly through an entire work shift
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment
- Work near heavy equipment and other vehicles on a daily basis
- Work outdoors in various conditions including heat and humidity, cold, rain, snow, dust and noise
- Effective communication skills – must be able to carry out verbal and written instructions, complete daily reports to/with office and customers
- Time management skills
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to walk, stand, crouch for long period for time and carry out strenuous physical tasks
- Valid G Class driver’s license an asset
Please apply via Landscape.job or contact our office at (289) 521-5569
Apr 09, 2018