Technical Services Manager
Job Number: 3238
| Vancouver, British Columbia
| Posted on Oct 03, 2018
We are looking for a Technical Services Manager who will support our Western Canada market (BC, AB, SK, MB, NT). Ideally, this position would work out of the British Columbia province with the option to work from home.
The Technical Services Manager will serve as HGC’s primary technical advocate for products and related services in their respective territory. The products that will be supported primarily include lighting, fertilizers and growing medium products. Brands include Gavita, Sun Systems, General Hydroponics, Botanicare, Fafard and RootFactory. Hawthorne manufactures and distributes other product types and brands but these will be secondary to the three mentioned product areas.
In this role you will:
- Provide direct technical support to HGC sales managers, distributors and growers to help drive sales of HGC products.
- Develop relevant sales literature tailored to the end user of the information (grower, sales, distributor).
- Help design and implement grower-based trials of products.
- Liaise with R&D to identify new products needed for the market, find new uses of current products and continually refine product use recommendations.
- Proactively communicate uncovered opportunities and recommended solutions.
- Continually explore new ways to communicate seamlessly with growers and sales to provide amazing technical support.
- Coordinate complaint investigations or product issues to ensure an accurate assessment and timely resolution.
- Provide information and analysis of competitive products to insure Hawthorne maintains a leadership position in those segments in which we compete.
The perfect person will have:
- B.S. degree (M.S. preferred) in a biological science discipline such as horticulture, agronomy, soil science, biology or similar.
- Minimum 2-4 years of experience in hydroponics, controlled environment agriculture (CEA), greenhouse, or ornamental nursery.
- Strong working knowledge of typical and routine grower practices in greenhouse, hydroponic, or controlled environments.
- Appreciation for the responsibilities of sales associates/distributors to help ensure success.
- Strong written and verbal skills. Ability to describe complex technical information in a manner that is easy to understand.
The Scotts Miracle-Gro Company
Vancouver, British Columbia
Oct 03, 2018