Job Number: 1
| Burlington, Ontario
| Posted on Oct 18, 2018
Company: Earthworks Landscaping Inc.
Address: 4126 South Service Road, Burlington, ON L7L 4X5
Position: Landscaping Foreperson
Location: 4126 South Service Road, Burlington, ON L7L 4X5
Terms: 36-44 hours/week based on demand, permanent
Wage: $30.50 an hour
Benefits: Company vehicle, vacation pay of 4%
Apply To: Bert Hoytema, Owner - 4126 South Service Road, Burlington, ON L7L 4X5
To organize, direct, and train employees of a landscaping and landscape construction company during all seasons.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Organize and direct team of 1 to 3 employees in construction of patios, driveways, fences, decks, walls, outdoor kitchens, planting and gardens;
- Provide training on job-related skills to labourers;
- Plan and estimate the material and labour requirements for individual contracts;
- Welding of outdoor kitchen products;
- Ordering of job-related materials, equipment, and supplies;
- Report on and be accountable for crew efficiency, purchase of materials, equipment, and supplies;
- Repair and maintain vehicle fleet and equipment, including regular maintenance and breakdowns;
- Operation of snow removal equipment and timely submission of logs;
- Other duties as necessary.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Five years or more experience as a landscape foreperson or comparable experience, particularly in landscape construction;
- College (or equivalent) diploma or certificate;
- Proficiency in English;
- Experience in welding.
- Ability to operate and repair tools and equipment including: sod cutter, front end loader, forklift, small engine equipment, tractor, and chain saw;
- Ability to plan and estimate labour and materials;
- Ability to maintain work records and logs;
- Ability to read blueprints and drawings;
- Ability to resolve work related problems.
- Large workload;
- Tight deadlines;
- Physically demanding;
- Handling heavy loads;
- Manual dexterity;
- Attention to detail;
- Combination of: sitting, standing for extended periods, walking, bending, crouching, and kneeling.
Oct 18, 2018