Maintenance and Planting Team members
Job Number: 27
| Toronto, Ontario
| Posted on Feb 13, 2019
We are looking to hire general labourers to become our new maintenance and planting team members.
Garden maintenance includes mowing lawns, raking leaves, and caring for gardens. Seasonal planting includes perennial planting, tree planting, annual planting, seasonal arrangements and bulb planting. Whether you’re familiar with these tasks or willing to learn, it’s varied and enjoyable outdoor work in beautiful settings.
Working at Christine’s Touch
Ask our team what it’s like to work here and they will tell you:
- We believe in people – You’ll use your intelligence and your creativity. From us, you’ll get respect, support and care.
- We’re professional and organized – it’s easy to do a great job when the basics of schedule, route, and administration run like clockwork. You’ll spend time on the tasks that matter.
- We care about the well-being of our team members – we create a healthy and safe work environment. Vans and tools in great repair; daily safety checks. Together we ensure everyone goes home safe and sound.
We’re hoping to make full-time, seasonal hires. The season runs March to December. Many of our staff take January and February to travel and rest.
We work Monday to Friday, regular hours, so you’ll have your weekends off.
Your home base in this position is our Leaside office, and you spend most of your time on-site at the gardens.
Our wages are competitive and on top of a fair wage ($16 base), we offer:
- Employees receive monthly contributions to a Health Savings Account after 3 months of employment. Eligible medical expenses including paramedical (chiropractor, RMT, etc.), dental, and prescription drug costs can be reimbursed from this account.
- Access to the Employee Assistance Program, a 24-hour, anonymous call line that offers advice and can refer callers to funded services such as counseling.
- Paid travel time between yard and job sites.
- Discounts at Mark’s Work Warehouse and a subsidized uniform.
- And the fridge is always stocked with ice-cold Gatorade, Freezies, and water to keep you cool and hydrated!
The most essential qualification is physical fitness and strength. This is a physically demanding role. In addition, these qualifications will help you stand out:
- Any experience working with gardens and landscaping is nice-to-have
- Candidates with a full G license could earn higher wages by driving our trucks and vans
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please let us know in your application.
We will review applications as they are received and look forward to hearing from you.
Christine's Touch Gardening Ltd.
Mar 18, 2019