Assistant Team Lead ( Garden maintenance/planting)
Job Number: 11
| North York, Toronto, Ontario
| Posted on Feb 18, 2019
Positions: We are growing the team in positions such as: maintenance/ planting assistant crew leads
If you love the outdoors, love working hard, and are engaged in learning and sharing your knowledge, foliage outside matters is a place where you can thrive. We are looking for like minded team members that want to excel and enjoy being part of a professional gardening team. We work on beautiful properties providing quality, detailed, and skilled work.
fo.li.age outside matters is a residential garden maintenance and plantscaping company. Our planting projects and maintenance involve detailed planting and maintenance techniques, opting for organic options which nurture our surrounding landscapes. We have great equipment: from our fleet of new vehicles to the latest battery powered equipment, you’ll never be let down. Our work takes us to residential properties in the neighborhoods of the Beaches, Rosedale, North York, and downtown Toronto. Our shop is in a TTC accessible location in North York. At fo.li.age outside matters, safety is never an afterthought. We consistently provide a safe working environment for our team and our clients.
Our Team members take pride in the quality of their work, take pride in the team they belong too, and the company they represent. A super candidate will role model professionalism trough hard work and collaboration with team members to deliver outstanding services.
Wages and Extra Benefits:
- Competitive wages offered based on experience
- Paid travel between shop and job sites
- Health spending account after 3 months
- Paid sick day program after 3 months (rmt, dental, prescription drugs)
- Subsidized uniform
- Discounts at Marks work wearhouse and other suppliers
- Flexibility for seasonal student hires
- We encourage growth for returning employees by investing in their pursuit of professional development during the off season with Industry standard Courses
Core capabilities: If you have the right attitude…
- Provide outstanding service and excellence
- Being thorough in your field work
- Dependable and reliable in your everyday actions
- Works hard not just for yourself but for your fellow team
- Load and unload materials, tools and equipment required to complete daily maintenance tasks and planting projects
- Spend most of the working day working on site in all weather conditions
- Operate small landscape machinery with precision ( line trimmers, hedge trimmers, small mowers, and Blowers
- Share Driving duties
- Work in accordance with all local health, safety laws and regulations
Preference given to candidates who:
- Physically fit and active is important above all else, as this is a physically demanding position
- Demonstrate love for the outdoors and all the weather it can throw at us
- Like coffee and or Tea!
- Comfortable driving Trucks and Trailers in the City ( G license and a clean drivers abstract preferred)
- One who understands efficiencies and organization of the job.
- Ability to work up to 12 hour days, Monday through Friday. ( Preferred)
- Requirement to lift and move large, heavy objects for plant installations. Must be able to lift up to and including 45 lbs. approximately 10 times per day.
- Formal or informal education or training in gardening/Horticulture.
- Small landscape machine experience
- Planting experience with seasonal bedding plants, and bulbs
- Planting experience with perennial plantings and trees
- An artistic side: Seasonal Urn & container creation experience
- Previous experience in a relevant industry
- CSA approved steel boots
- Secateurs and Holster
- Proper rain gear ( yes we work in all weather!, rain and even some snow)
If this sounds like an opportunity you would like to discuss further, check out our website and contact us at foliagegardening.ca/employment/
If you do require any accommodations be sure to let us know during this application process, we respect hard work and hard working individuals!
Folilage OUTSIDE MATTERS Inc.
North York, Toronto, Ontario
Apr 01, 2019