LANDSCAPE ASSISTANT FOREMAN
Job Number: 1
| King, Ontario
| Posted on Feb 25, 2019
LANDSCAPE ASSISTANT FOREMAN
Job Title: Landscape Assistant Foreman
Starting Salary: $30/hour, plus vacation pay 4%
Season: April - November
The Landscape Assistant Foreman is responsible for performing a variety of work tasks (including physical labour) in order to assist with the completion of landscape construction projects.
- Coordinate with Project Foreman to understand landscape project;
- Assist in the preparation of jobsites prior to the beginning of a project;
- Organize, direct and assist team of 1 to 3 employees in construction of patios, water features, ponds, planting and gardens;
- Provide training on job-related skills to labourers;
- Plan and estimate the material and labour requirements for individual contracts;
- Ordering of job-related materials, equipment, and supplies;
- Operate various tools and equipment, including: chainsaws, measurement equipment, shovels, drills, etc.;
- Perform preventative maintenance on tools, equipment and vehicles by conducting inspections, lubricating, and cleaning on a daily basis;
- Dig ditches, trenches, gardens, or patio bases;
- Edge and mulch gardens, install trees, shrubs and perennials;
- Perform land clearing activities;
- Load and unload materials, tools, and equipment required to complete landscape construction projects;
- Read and interpret drawings, structural drawings, and specifications to perform work activities;
- Report on and be accountable for crew efficiency, purchase of materials, equipment, and supplies.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- College (or equivalent) diploma or certificate;
- Five years or more experience as a landscape foreperson or comparable experience, particularly in landscape construction;
- Capable of operating required equipment and tools in a safe and responsible manner.
- Equipment including: sod cutter, front end loader, forklift, small engine equipment, tractor, and chain saw;
- Effective communication skills (both verbal and written);
- Time management skills;
- Ability to read and interpret designs and specifications, plan and estimate labour and materials;
- Must possess a valid driver’s license;
- Knowledge of specific materials, methods, tools and equipment required to complete various landscape/construction practices;
- Ability to work both independently, and as part of a team;
- Ability to resolve work related problems;
- Ability to walk, stand, crouch for long periods of time and carry out strenuous physical tasks
- Proficiency in English.
- Large workload;
- Tight deadlines;
- Physically demanding;
- Handling heavy loads;
- Manual dexterity;
- Attention to detail;
- Combination of: standing for extended periods, lifting, walking, bending, crouching, and kneeling.
What Pathways to Perennials Provides Assistant Foreman
- 1 week company shut down in the summer, work-life balance is important
- Minimal weekend work – operates Monday-Friday generally.
- Company uniforms and work boot allowance
- Cell phone – we provide a cell phone for on the job use.
- Direct deposit to ensure you receive your pay in a timely manner
Pathways to Perennials
Apr 01, 2019