Irrigation Service Technician ($20/hr - $25/hr)
Job Number: 1
| Greater Toronto Area, Ontario
| Posted on Feb 28, 2019
Irrigation Service Technician
Solujan Lawn Sprinklers Ltd. has been proudly serving the Greater Toronto Area since 1984, specializing in the installation and service of residential, commercial, and industrial irrigation systems. We are always looking for highly motivated, quality driven and professional individuals to join our team.
- Work independently to perform service calls to Solujan Lawn Sprinklers Ltd. customers
- Perform Irrigation System Spring Start-Ups, Season Adjustments and Winterizations
- Troubleshoot and repair Irrigation System problems (replace sprinklers, fix leaks, etc.)
- Interact with customer to maintain their systems and answer any questions they may have
- Prepare timesheets, service sheets and other daily paperwork as required
- Utilize hand and power tools, as well as perform hand trenching with a shovel
- Safely navigate company vehicle and maintain clean driving record
- Plan, coordinate and maintain adequate part inventory in company vehicle
- Ensure work is performed efficiently and safely in accordance with WSIB standards
- Typical working hours would be 7:30am to 6pm, with additional hours and Saturdays during peak periods.
- The typical season begins around the beginning of April and ends near the middle of December, weather permitting. All work is outdoors in all types of weather conditions.
- Punctuality and attendance are essential to the candidates success
- Completed High School, additional education/training preferred
- 2 - 5 years of experience as an Irrigation Service Technician (the more the better)
- Extensive knowledge of irrigation products, specialized tools, troubleshooting and repair
- Valid class “G” driver’s license, with a clean driving record (abstract available upon request)
- Self motivated, eager to learn and have a great customer first attitude
- Willingness to learn and develop new skills to enhance job performance
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Physically fit to work outdoors in all weather conditions for extended periods of time
- Ability to effectively communicate in English, both oral and written
- Some plumbing or copper soldering experience is required
- $20/hr - $25/hr based on experience
- Overtime (1.5 x salary) is paid after 44hrs per week
- Take home vehicle will be provided, no need to drive to the shop daily
Solujan Lawn Sprinklers Ltd. is committed to providing candidates with the most competitive wages based on their qualifications.
Please submit your resume and references, either by fax to (905) 473-1602 or visit us at www.solujanlawnsprinklers.ca.
We would like to thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those qualified will be contacted for an interview.
Solujan Lawn Sprinklers Ltd.
Greater Toronto Area, Ontario
Apr 15, 2019