Jr. Construction Superintendent
Job Number: OAKJ
| Hannon, Ontario
| Posted on Apr 02, 2020
- College Diploma or Degree preferred with concentration in Landscaping, Construction Management, or Architecture
- Certified Engineering Technologist (C.E.T.) designation considered an asset
- Able to assist with scheduling, ordering, field supervision, quality control and job safety work habits
- Ability to multi-task
- Valid Driver’s License with clean Driver’s Abstract
- Work with and assist superintendants
- Ability to perform inspections and snow operations on sites throughout the winter
- Work independently and in a team setting
Strong knowledge of the following:
- Knowledge of landscaping and construction
- Ability to read blue prints and understand specifications
- Know/understand signed contract agreement and be able to determine if any work is above our contract (extra work)
- Knowledge of elevations (grading)
- Knowledge on the use of various tools, small and heavy equipment
- Knowledge and recognition of various materials used in the industry (paving stone, precast wall, concrete, armour stone, etc.)
- knowledge and recognition of plant material, identification and proper planting techniques considered an asset
- knowledge of quality control procedures
- Strong ability to represent OLC to clients in a positive and professional manner
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Meet with clients as required; This included onsite as well as off site meetings (cater to the customers needs)
- Clear and concise communication throughout the organization is paramount. Work closely with fellow Construction Superintendents. Ensure communications in all formats are being responded and sent with the utmost respect and professionalism and in a timely manner.
- Assist with the scheduling and utilize both labour and equipment crews efficiently
- Oversee sub-contractors and Oakridge employees at job sites assigned to ensure work is completed correctly within budget
- Assist with and monitor the delivery of all materials relating to the job being managed. Keep a solid record of materials that will be available on a later date and to remember to document any remaining inventory for future projects.
- Be aware of project targets before, during, and at the end of a job. Be mindful of labour and material costs and be able to raise alerts to management if targets are out and be prepared to explain why.
- Maintain positive and open communication with Owners, Project Manager, General Contractors, Engineers, Architects, etc;
- Maintain strong communication with OLC foreperson and offer assistance in resolving site problems and issues;
- Maintain a daily journal, proper measurements, and tracking pay items.
Oakridge Group Inc.
Apr 13, 2020