Versatile Landscape Construction Crew Lead / Lead Hand
Job Number: 001
| Clarington, Ontario
| Posted on May 21, 2020
Small Jobs Landscaping is looking for someone with a versatile skill set and an entrepreneurial spirit to join us for our 10th season in business.
We have been working in Durham Region since 2010 focusing on the Small Landscaping Projects. Most of our jobs are done in less than a week. Even though the jobs are small the make a Big difference to our customers properties.
The only way we make this Big difference for our customers is by hire experienced, skilled and quality focused employees. If this sound like you and you are looking for an exciting opportunity we are interested in hearing from you.
Small Jobs Landscaping is and equal opportunity employer and is looking to fill the position of Landscape Crew Leaders / Lead Hands
What do we mean by Versatile? We are looking for the following:
- Knowledge, skills and techniques related to hardscape landscape construction and softscape installation.
- Ability to communicate and efficiently manage 1 - 2 person crew including training inexperienced labourers.
- Able to problem solve with confidence.
- Able to follow both hand drawn and CAD landscape plans.
- Working knowledge and ability to use safely machinery, power tools, and hand tools related to landscaping.
- Ability to safely operate mini loaders, mini excavators, skid steers.
- Valid G driver’s license.
- Be able to drive a truck and trailer safely.
- Reliable transportation to get you to the job site or Bowmanville yard.
- Most jobs are completed fairly independently of the owner so require excellent communication with the owner to keep him up to date on the job progress
Characteristics Being Sought:
- Positive attitude.
- Career landscaper who wants to develop self and others in their landscaping skills.
- Energetic worker.
- Team worker and can work independently.
- Able to maintain project quality and timelines without constant monitoring
- Enjoy being outside and able to work in a variety of weather conditions.
- Be able to work physically, for extended periods of time as most of our jobs are small and are done manually.
- Consistent, reliable and punctual.
- Attention to detail and takes pride in the finished product.
- Valid and Insurable Driver's License
- First AId and CPR preferred.
What Small Jobs Landscaping offers Employees:
- Competitive compensation
- Training opportunities
- Incentives and bonus’ for enhanced productivity
- We do not do snow removal though we can partner with other companies to provide work over the winter if you choose to.
With the opening of the Landscaping Industry in the province, we are looking to start ASAP
Small Jobs Landscaping
May 25, 2020