Landscaping Construction Crew Leader
Job Number: 1
| Hamilton, Ontario
| Posted on Oct 13, 2020
Do you have a great attitude and enjoy a bit of heavy lifting? Are you a critical thinker and an organized leader? Our team has fun while using expert landscape construction practices (and hard work) to create spaces for our client's enjoyment at home.
Unique Landscape Services was founded out of the belief that life is much better outdoors. We are committed to improving the lives of homeowners through unique, quality crafted landscapes. We are seeking a Crew Leader to join our Landscape Construction Team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Operation, maintenance and transport of various landscaping equipment: excavator, stone saws, chain saws, vibro plate, drills and various hand tools
- Drive truck (F550 Dump) and trailer (Dump & Float)
- Ability to create hardscape and wood working projects with little to no supervision (ie; interlock, retaining walls, amour stone walls, decks, fences)
- Follow designs as specified to plan out the work day.
- Delegate tasks to employees ensuring efficiency and safety. Monitor crew ensuring timelines are met, while maintaining company standards and quality
- Supervise a crew of 1-2 employees to ensure proper completion of tasks. Ensure each employee is given training or instruction as needed
- Follow all Unique’s policies/procedures, represent our Core Values daily and comply with safety regulations
- Act as a first line of contact between the construction crew and customer when completing the project
- Attend required conferences, courses or professional development classes related to the Company and position.
- Snow Removal
What is required from you?
- 2-4 years experience in Landscape Construction Industry, where you had the opportunity to work independently from start to finish of a project
- 1-3 years experience leading a crew of 2 or more (preferably in landscape/construction field)
- Ability to operate hand tools, small and large machinery properly and safely
- Ability to drive truck with trailer
- Time management and organization skills
- Problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Valid G Drivers License (minimum) with clean abstract
- Reliable transportation to Yard in Mount Hope, ON
- Ability to work longer hours, weekends if needed
What can we offer you?
- Competitive Wages
- Advancement Opportunities
- Company BBQ’s and other appreciation events
- Paid industry related courses
If you are someone who enjoys the landscape industry, is skilled at interlock and other hardscape processes, and is comfortable driving a truck and trailer, then we want to hear from you TODAY!
Unique Landscape Services
Oct 19, 2020