Job Number: 112017
Posted on Feb 22, 2017
Why Work for Geoscape?
- We take pride in motivating, training and developing one another;
- We are constantly seeking bigger and better challenges;
- We offer competitive wages and an abundance of hours;
- We have a year-end performance based bonus plan;
- We subsidize medical and dental benefits and group retirement savings plan;
- We offer secure and long-term employment opportunities;
- You have the opportunity to be part of a rapidly growing company!
Geoscape Contracting is a pioneer in the green industry specializing in landscape construction for many large commercial and urban developers, with projects spanning across the GTA. We dedicate ourselves to all aspects of commercial landscaping, including but not limited to; softscaping, hardscaping, grading, retaining walls, plant installation, sodding, terraseeding, park construction and trucking.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Accurately reads landscape plans, quantify, source and order plant material;
- Establishes business relationships with vendors to ensure best possible pricing is negotiated and attained;
- Creates and tracks P.O. numbers for all relevant purchases;
- Coordinates with yard manager to maintain a current up to date inventory of plant material in the Geoscape yard;
- Creates internal pick lists for plant material leaving from Geoscape yard;
- Assists in logistical coordination and tracking of Geoscape water trucks to ensure all plant material is maintained in optimal condition at all times;
- Communicates effectively with project managers to ensure job requirements are satisfied on time and when required;
- Ensures all orders are tracked and invoiced accurately and in a timely manner to accounting department;
- Coordinates seasonal bulk orders with nurseries to ensure yearly requirements are fulfilled as per upcoming project requirements.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Horticulture Technician Diploma;
- Excellent plant identification skills and knowledge of horticultural best practices;
- Strong analytical, problem solving & time management skills;
- Valid drivers license & vehicle;
- Ability to work calmly in a fast-paced environment;
- Intermediate Microsoft Office Skills.
If you are a passionately proud, safety oriented, caring individual that is interested in succeeding together within a fun organization where growing and exceeding expectations are a part of our every day culture then apply now!
We thank everyone that applies, however only qualified applicants will be contacted.
Geoscape Contracting welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Sep 04, 2017