Grounds Maintenance Labourer
Job Number: 01
Posted on Aug 02, 2017
$16.00 - $18.00 per hour
Grounds Maintenance labourer
The position consists of operating various pieces of manual and powered equipment to provide professional landscaping to our clients. The use of powered and manual hand held tools is required. Ability to lift 50 lbs repetitively and to work in a physically demanding outdoor environment is a must. Operation of trucks and trailers to facilitate travel to and from our clients premises may also be involved. Routine maintenance of all utilized equipment will also be required.
- Exterior property maintenance;
- Grass cutting, grass trimming, hedge trimming, garden planting and maintenance, weed removal, parking lot/driveway cleanup, garbage pickup and removal, tree planting/pruning/watering/maintenance, etc;
- Mon - Fri with Saturdays likely based on requirements and timelines; and
- 6 am start times - varying finish times.
- High School or equivelant;
- Ability to read, write and comunicate in english;
- Safety oriented;
- Valid G or G2 drivers licence;
- Attention to detail;
- Mechanical aptitude;
- Previous experience with Zero - turn mowers, ride on mowers, string trimmers, hedge trimmers, chainsaws, and leaf blowers is an asset.
Year round work is available in a winter maintenance role.
Aug 03, 2017