Starter Plants Sales Representative
Job Number: 2458
Langley, British Columbia
Posted on Aug 03, 2017
NATS Nursery is seeking a Starter Plant Sales Representative to join our team. Located in Langley, BC, NATS was founded in 1988 and is the largest grower of native plants in BC. NATS is also the BC grower/distributor for LiveRoof, a modular green roof system. Our two nursery locations provide over 250,000 sq. ft. of greenhouse space on a total of 40 acres.
Reporting to the Principal of the company, your responsibilities will include:
- Ensure high levels of customer satisfaction through excellent sales service to Canadian and US customers
- Assess customers’ native plant needs and provide assistance and information to confirm our adage of “right plant – right place”.
- Prepare quotes and contracts for custom-grow customers.
- Responsible for preparing sales forecasts and assist with production planning with growers.
- Participate in relevant tradeshows and conferences.
- Build productive trust relationships with customers and NATS team.
- Effectively achieve sales targets for our starter plants portfolio.
- Active participant within the Sales Team and provide input for increasing the overall plant sales.
Education & Experience:
- Sales, customer service and business administration education and/or experience
- Knowledge of North American native plants, especially for the Pacific Northwest, their Latin and common names.
- Growing experience is an asset.
- Horticulture education is an asset.
- Technical sales experience is an asset.
- Capacity to handle multiple tasks and prioritize accordingly.
- Ability to take short and long term responsibility for specific tasks.
- Working knowledge of customer and market dynamics and requirements.
- Promptly resolve customer complaints and recommend the right solutions.
- Competency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Aptitude to communicate well in English in written and oral form.
- Demonstrate commitment to the job, team, and business, and if necessary work overtime on short notice.
- Stay up to date with NATS’ other product lines and assist where able.
- Using initiative and intelligence to get jobs done properly the first time.
- Excellent leadership and motivational skills required.
- Quick learner with ability and capacity to adapt to new plants, crops and situations.
- Track record of achieving and/or surpassing sales quota.
- Good math skills
- Maintain personal standards of work, i.e. speed and quality.
- Attention to detail and strong observational skills.
- Extraordinary character and passion; someone looking for ‘more than just a job’ and wants to be a part of our NATS’ Team.
Compensation: Subject to experience and education. Offer Group Benefits.
Shifts: Full-time Monday to Friday, 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM.
Start Date: to be negotiated, tentatively September, 2017
Posting Date: August 4, 2017
Apply: Email resume to Ron@natsnursery.com. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
To learn more about NATS Nursery, visit www.natsnusery.com
NATS Nursery Ltd.
Langley, British Columbia
Sep 05, 2017