Retail Associate/Plant Care
Job Number: 1
Posted on Sep 05, 2017
- Part Time
- Tuesdays – Saturdays
- September - December
- $12-15/hour based on experience
As the primary point of contact for customers, the Retail Associate provides exemplary customer service and time-management skills. With regards to customers, the Retail Associate serves all customers promptly, professionally, and efficiently and recognizes the appropriate time to proactively position Pathways to Perennials products and services. The Retail Associate must improve customer loyalty by identifying opportunities to promote products or services to better meet the needs of each individual customer, fulfilling or referring as necessary.
Creating a positive experience through warm welcomes, magic moments, and fond farewells by treating each customer and employee with respect, professionalism and accuracy is a primary responsibility of the Retail Associate along with customer sales and service.
The Retail Associate reports directly to the Retail Manager. In day-to-day operations, the Retail Associate may work with other Sales Associates, as well as the Café Cook/Kitchen Manager and is constantly in contact with customers. The purpose of this role is to increase customer service and sales in order to meet the company’s target.
Major Activities Include
- Create a positive customer experience and work environment by understanding and meeting customer’s needs quickly, professionally and accurately.
- Customer service and sales are the primary responsibility.
- Respond to customer phone calls in a timely manner with accurate information and a professional manner.
- Take ownership when customers experience a problem and take the appropriate steps to resolve the problem.
- Manage cash and payment systems in accordance with company procedures and policies at all times with staff and customer safety as the uppermost priority.
- Assist customers in purchasing, striving to increase the average sale while meeting the needs of the customer.
- Balance cash holdings at day end. Track sales and average sale per customer daily.
- Manage upkeep and condition of all equipment, fixtures and fabric of shop premises.
- General plant care daily – weeding, watering, pruning, natural insect control.
- Design and create seasonal arrangements – with assistance or direction from retail manager or senior employees.
- Organize all product and plant material in a clean and aesthetically pleasing manner.
- General upkeep of the Garden Centre Boutique – cleaning, reorganizing, redecorating.
- Complete those tasks assigned by the Retail Manager in a timely fashion.
- Execute the responsibilities of a sales associate according to lawful and ethical standards.
- Plant knowledge
- Landscape industry knowledge
- Time management
- Organization skills
- Delegation skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Sales skills
- Presentation skills
- Problem solving skills
- Innovation and creativity
- Discipline and dedication
- Honesty and integrity
- A high school diploma, or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience from which comparable skills can be acquired
- Several years of related customer service experience are required.
- Several years of related retail sales experience is required.
- Eager to learn and acquire new skills.
- Willingness to learn about product and plants.
- Demonstrate dependability and efficient work practices
Pathways to Perennials is an equal opportunity employer. It is the Company’s policy to recruit and select applicants for employment solely on the basis of their qualifications, with emphasis on selecting the best-qualified person for the job. Pathways to Perennials does not discriminate against applicants based on race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, or disability, or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, provincial, or municipal law.
Pathways to Perennials
Sep 06, 2017