We're growing - come join our team! We are looking for a creative and talented Landscape Maintenance Lead Hand to join our high energy and positive work environment at our Guelph Residential Rentals location.
• Supervise a crew of grounds workers involved in all aspects of landscape/ horticultural maintenance of the Sifton owned grounds. Participate in the various grounds maintenance and horticultural best practices.
• Operate and maintain various types of machinery and light duty utility vehicles.
• Ensure all equipment is safely and properly operated.
• Assist in the training and coaching of maintenance staff as required.
• Be aware of supervisor responsibilities relating to health and safety and monitor adherence to safety policies and procedures and promote safe work practices.
Experience & Qualifications:
• A minimum of 2 years’ relevant experience in landscape/ horticultural best practices, such as building fences, naturalizing greenspaces, lawn care/ gardening and related activities.
• A minimum of 1 year experience in a supervisory or team lead position.
• Graduate of a recognized horticultural/landscape program preferred.
• A solid knowledge of plants, tree species and pruning techniques
• Have great team management and customer service skills.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Ability to perform physical job functions during all weather conditions.
• A valid driver’s license and clean driver’s abstract.
• Dependable transportation.
We invite interested applicants to apply online at: www.sifton.com/careers