Job Number: 17-127
Posted on Oct 06, 2017
Job Description: Reporting through the Supervisor and under the direction of the Lead Hand the Parks Attendant performs winter and summer maintenance and inspection, including park improvement and construction; parking lots, open spaces, trails, sports field as scheduled through the annual plan, seasonal and master schedules. Assists with set up and taken down with special events.
How do I qualify?
- Completion of Post-Secondary courses in arboriculture, horticulture, turf management or construction and related work experience including municipal parks maintenance, parks construction, etc. and/or combination of education and relevant experience.
- Post-Secondary certification in Playground Inspections.
- Class “D” or equivalent driver’s license with air brake endorsement in good standing or ability to obtain within 6 months of employment.
- Certified in chain saw and forklift operation, propane handling, elevated work platform and working at heights certification.
- CPR and First Aid Certification, WHMIS, Health & Safety including responsibilities to oversee Seasonal Park Workers (4 and 7 month contract staff) as per the Ontario Health and Safety Act.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of municipal parks and property operations, associated materials, health and safety regulations, equipment operation and maintenance procedures.
- Experience in operating parks specialized industrial/heavy equipment such as hydrostatic farm-style tractors, all lawn mowers, front end loader, sidewalk tractors, snow ploughs, forestry chippers and the ability to haul trailers.
- Good communication, collaboration and record-keeping skills.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of computers, mobile devices, and associated software such as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel) and ability to adapt to changing technology.
- Effective customer service skills to deal courteously and effectively with the public, staff, suppliers, contractors and other departments.
- Flexibility/availability to work scheduled and unscheduled overtime including on-call standby duties and/or respond to “after hours” problems as required.
- Due to the nature of the contacts of this position a Police Vulnerable Sector Check satisfactory to the Town is required
Salary: $19.38 per hour
How do I apply?
Please apply online at www.newmarket.ca by 5:00 p.m. on October 24, 2017 quoting the file number 17-127.
The Town of Newmarket is committed to accommodate all applicants in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code for all employment activities including the recruitment process. Please no phone calls.
Town of Newmarket
Nov 06, 2017