Bienenstock Natural Playgrounds is expanding. We are looking for energetic and motivated employees to join our team. Through combining construction and landscape construction skills we are able to re-introduce children to real and raw nature through play and educational opportunities. Join us in building parks and playgrounds that directly improve the physical and mental well-being of children. Studies prove that interaction with real nature improves IQ scores in school, balance and core strength, hyperactivity, attentiveness and immunological response to illness. If you would like to directly affect the well-being of children please refer to the job description below and contact us immediately. We are hiring now and throughout the winter in preparation for an intense and productive building season.
Under the direction of the Construction Manager the Foreman will supervise playground construction projects in compliance with the contract documents and ensure the work is completed to meet exceptional safety and quality control standards.
• Maintain excellent relationship with supervisors, clients, designers and production staff
• Plan and supervise the work of staff and subcontractors on the project
• Determine and schedule the necessary methods of construction, manpower, equipment & tools
• Assume responsibility for productivity of staff, subcontractors, materials, equipment and contractual obligations of the project
• Schedule aggregate, component and material deliveries in a timely manner
• Ensure that all work is completed in compliance of the drawings, specifications, details, and shop drawings
• Ensure all work is completed in compliance with company health and safety polices
• Provide training, mentoring and effective leadership for crew members to ensure the highest levels of quality and workmanship
• Maintain daily project productivity logs and participate in weekly project meetings
• Responsible for taking as built photos, creating redline drawings, and conducting a client deficiency walk through to create and complete a punch list
• Ensure that projects stay on time and on budget through proactivity and planning
• Schedule vehicle, trailer, equipment and tools for maintenance and repairs with Project Coordinator
• Follow additional instructions from the construction management team as may be required
• Technical college / trade school diploma or technical training and equivalent experience
• Minimum of 5 years construction or landscape construction supervision experience
• Extensive knowledge of landscape construction equipment, technology and methods
• Excellent communication, supervisory and organizational skills are essential
• Proficient in MS Office software
• Must be willing to occasionally travel out of province for up to a month at a time
• Must hold a valid Class G license
We are an equal opportunity employer and we offer competitive wages and benefits to all our team members. We are looking for a talented foreman to join our team to continue providing children natural environments to play and learn.