We are looking for hardworking, independent individuals to be a part of the company for the 2018 landscaping season (and beyond). The position begins April 2018. Qualified individuals have a chance at being part of our property maintenance or property renovation divisions. Our maintenance division provides property services such as garden and lawn care, tree planting and sod laying. Our property renovation division includes stonework, garden renovation, carpentry, etc...
Responsibilities of the job include:
- Must be able to meet and sell to prospective clients, effectively estimate jobs (measuring and eyeing material amounts and estimated hours and creating estimates using our software).
- Manage crews to perform top quality jobs from beginning to completion.
- For landscape maintenance foreman, you must be extremely competent in all landscaping maintenance tasks such as lawn maintenance, weeding, pruning, edging, hedge trimming, transplanting & planting, tree and shrub removal, spreading mulch, and laying sod.
- For property renovation foreman, you must be extremely competent in reading blueprints and implementing garden and stonework elements into properties. Experience in interlocking stone driveways, patios, and sidewalks from start to finish, retaining walls, gardens woodworking, etc... Must exhibit a skill level high enough to be able to direct others to complete these tasks at a high level of quality.
- Be able to take directions from management and effectively carry out orders
- Be a proficient problem solver. Challenges regularly arise and you have to be intelligent and resourceful to solve the problems effectively.
- Attention to detail. We service high-profile clients and doing a detailed and quality job is very important.
- Cleanliness and politeness.
- Personable and outgoing. You will be meeting prospective clients and selling our services. You need to be knowledgable, kind, and honest.
Work experience & Requirements:
- Must have several years of landscape experience as well as leadership experience.
- Ability to perform tasks laid out in previous section
- Have outstanding attention to detail and vision to deliver great services effectively and in an organized manner
- Effective communicator and team leader. Must be skilled in directing others, reporting to management, communicating events, ideas, and suggestions.
- G License and competence driving a truck and trailer.
- Willingness to work hard and learn!
- Enrolment or graduation in courses relating to horticulture, construction, or, landscaping welcomed.
- CHT, CLT, or ICPI Landscape Industry Certifications are a strong asset.
- Every day is spent outdoors.
- You can see the fruits of your labour and have our visions come to life.
- Working with a crew of some awesome people.
- Opportunities to advance within a rapidly expanding company
- Opportunities to get industry certified through the Horticulture Technician Apprenticeship Program
Wage is dependent on experience ($25+/hour) for Landscape Foreman position. Start date is early April.
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to:
Be sure to include "Let’s grow together" as the first line of your application.