Sales Associate, Evergreen Garden Market
Job Number: 2
Posted on Feb 28, 2018
Since 1991, Evergreen, a not-for-profit, has provoked bold action in transforming public landscapes into thriving community spaces. We believe that connecting people, natural and built worlds create flourishing cities for the future. For more than 25 years Evergreen has connected, collaborated, and catalyzed Canadians to do amazing things positively affecting attitudes and behaviours that lie at the core of a sustainable city. For more information visit www.evergreen.ca
To provide customer service with bringing Evergreen’s vision of the Evergreen Brick Works Garden Market to life: a mission-driven retail and educational garden centre that will inspire Torontonians to garden ecologically on their home landscape.
To provide assistance during peak season (April to June) with bringing Evergreen’s vision of the Evergreen Brick Works Garden Market to life: a mission-driven retail and educational garden centre that will inspire Torontonians to garden ecologically on their home landscape.
- Plant Knowledge, Care and Maintenance
- Native/Non-Native plant identification and knowledge
- Assist in plant maintenance and care
- Cash Handling
- Accurately operate a computerized POS system
- Experience with cash handling
- Accurately record keep in relation to cash procedures
- Execute proper procedure with respect to opening and closing duties
- Sales and Customer Service
- Provide friendly and enthusiastic customer service to guests
- Volunteers and Education
- Work alongside volunteers
- Assist in seminars and workshops
- Custodial Duties
- Thoroughly carry out custodial tasks
Model’s EG’s Core Values
- Analytical/Decision Making/Problem Solving skills. Draw insightful conclusions from information. Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of EG. Assess difficult situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem.
- Calm under pressure. Demonstrate composure in stressful situations.
- Communication. Speak, listen and write in a clear, confident, respectful, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
- Customer-focus. Anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of internal and external customers/donors to meet or exceed their expectations and receives positive feedback from internal and external customers/donors.
- Flexibility/adaptability. Flexible, versatile and/or tolerant in a changing work environment while maintaining effectiveness and efficiency. Adjust quickly to changing priorities and conditions. Cope effectively with complexity and change.
- Proactivity/Enthusiasm/Persistence. Act without being told what to do. Passionate and excited over work. Can-do attitude. Tenacious and goes the distance to get something done.
- Supervised by: Manager, Evergreen Garden Market
- Supervises: volunteers
- Experience in retail sales, preferably garden centres
- Knowledge of plant material, particularly native plants
- A keen eye and understanding towards merchandising
- Experience in operating a computerized POS system and with cash handling
- Experience in record keeping in relation to cash procedures
- Working outdoors in inclement weather (winter cold)
- Required to work days, evenings, and weekends as scheduled
- Standing for extended periods of time
- Lifting heavy objects over 25lbs on a regular basis
- Doing repetitive tasks with few breaks
Cover letters and resumes can be submitted by e-mail to email@example.com.
Please Reference “Sales Associate” in the subject line
By Mail to Attention: Human Resources
Centre for Green Cities, Suite 300
Evergreen Brick Works, 550 Bayview Avenue
Toronto, Ontario M4W 3X8
Evergreen welcomes applications from persons of diverse backgrounds and is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required under Evergreen’s Accommodation policy. Applicants, please make your needs known in advance. We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be notified. No phone calls please.
Mar 30, 2018