We are seeking creative, enthusiastic and skilled individuals who are looking for new challenges and opportunities for growth. Wages are negotiable and will be based on relevant experience. Benefits are also available.
5 years experience in hardscape/landscape construction required.
Training will be provided on installation of artificial turf and related products.
Start date: March/ April 2018
HOURS: Monday to Friday – 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. (hours may fluctuate daily)
Saturday – 6:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. (as required, must be available and willing to work)
Sunday - OFF
Job is full time seasonal – April - December
Salary: $22.00 to $30.00 /hour
Benefits - Available after 3 month probationary period
Responsibilities and Duties
• Oversee a crew of three to four installers
• Assist crew with artificial turf installations
• Be the point of contact with customer and warehouse/office
• Potentially driving a company vehicle
• Responsible for the recording of crew hours and required items in company software
• Follow directions of manager(s) as to daily tasks and expectations for each specific project or job-site and communicate daily tasks and expectations to crew-members
• Lift, push, pull, carry and hold materials, tools and supplies in excess of 100 lbs
• Be detail oriented with pride of workmanship taking responsibility for a job well done
Qualifications and Skills
• Self-motivated, friendly and excellent customer service skills
• Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail and timelines.
• Detailed knowledge and experience with natural stone, retaining walls, interlocking, forming and concrete work, carpentry and construction
• Strong horticultural skills with a good knowledge of plant material.
• Knowledge of various construction equipment and safety guidelines.
• Clean valid driver's license is essential
• Insurance Letter of Experience on a heavy truck is an asset
• Knowledge and interest in golf an asset.
• Preference given to those with Landscape Industry Certification.
• Supervision experience of 2 - 4 person crew considered an asset.
• High school or equivalent
• Any landscaping education/certification is an asset
• Landscaping: 5 years
Required license or certification:
• Drivers License G