Landscape Foreman/Lead Hand
Job Number: 1
Posted on Mar 04, 2018
A Markham-based construction company with over 30 years of experience in the industry servicing Toronto, York Region and GTA. We are a company that creates distinctive design elements by providing original and timeless designs, innovative ideas, quality construction as well as ensuring prompt and professional service.
We are currently seeking experienced Landscape Technicians for our 2018 season – experience is required, but training will also be provided.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Install and maintain hard and soft landscape, including cultivated and natural environments
- Monitors and maintains an integrated management program and quality assurance program
- Leads, directs and trains a group of grounds staff in the maintenance of the landscape, vehicles and equipment
- Ensures maintenance of landscape related systems
- Plans and oversees the planting of shrubs and sodding
- Other related duties as required
Qualifications and Skills
- Landscape Technician Diploma or equivalent
- 3-5 years of Landscape Technician/Forman experience
- Valid G license and drivers abstract is required
- Must have extensive experience in all forms of landscape construction, both softscape & hardscape, final grading, hands on laying interlock and flagstone, cement and mortar work
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong customer service skills and attention to detail
- Ability to operate construction equipment, excavator, bobcat, larger trucks with trailer attached
The ideal candidate will be available for some overtime and weekends as well as being able to work in a fast paced and demanding environment.
Mr. Interlock Landscape & Construction
Apr 02, 2018