Job Number: 001
Victoria, British Columbia
Posted on Mar 16, 2018
Employment Opportunity: Horticulturist
Location: Victoria, BC.
HOLLI BENJAMIN (‘HB’) HORTICULTURE takes pride in providing a holistic approach to garden design and management with a focus on sound organic practices and working with nature. The artful management, implementation of visions and improvement of landscapes in and around Victoria is the cornerstone of our business.
Due to an ongoing demand for services, HB HORTICULTURE is seeking an experienced full-time permanent Horticulturist to assist with the maintenance and development of light commercial and residential landscaped properties.
Reporting to the Owner, the successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Conducting residential and light commercial garden and landscape maintenance; including, weeding, pruning, mowing and lawn care, hedge trimming, etc.
- Identifying and implementing solutions for optimal tree and plant health.
- Conducting conservation-focused irrigation management; including, repair and renovations.
- Assisting with the design and installation of new gardens and landscapes; including, native species, organic and edible (productive) gardens.
- Assisting with the design and planning of quality outdoor spaces.
- 3+ years of experience in garden maintenance and design.
- Undergraduate degree or related diploma in Horticulture is considered an asset.
- Certification as a Landscape Horticulturist is considered an asset.
- A valid and clear criminal record check and driver’s abstract (10 year).
- A valid Driver’s license and ability to drive standard transmission vehicles with a tow trailer.
- Experience using gardening and small power tools.
- Ability to provide personal PPE and some equipment; including, steel-toed boots, rain gear and pruners.
- Ability to interact and work alongside co-workers, management and clients effectively and efficiently.
- Ability to work, troubleshoot and problem solve independently.
- Ability to manage multiple client requests and priorities simultaneously.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to use an organized and methodical approach to work efficiently and effectively.
A competitive compensation package commensurate with skills, qualifications and experience will be offered to the successful candidate.
HB HORTICULTURE is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the principle of equity in employment. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority consideration. Relocation will not be provided for this position.
If you are interested in applying for this opportunity, please e-mail your resume and cover letter to email@example.com, Subject: HB Horticulture.
For additional information please visit our website at http://hbhorticulture.com/.
Victoria, British Columbia
Mar 26, 2018