The Los Angeles Unified School District is seeking experienced Tractor Operators who can operate a tractor and auxiliary equipment to recondition athletic fields and tracks and to assist with general landscape work for the Maintenance and Operations Branch of the Los Angeles Unified School District.
Job is located in Los Angeles, California.
Some of the core duties may include:
• Operating a tractor that pulls attachments, such as a scraper, scarifier, aerator, harrow, and drag in order to grade and recondition athletic fields, resurface tracks, and install and recondition baseball diamonds, track and field runways, and jumping pits.
• Maintaining, servicing, and making minor repairs to tractors and attached equipment.
• Supervising a small crew in grading and reconditioning work.
• Consulting with coaches and school administrators on layout and conditioning of athletic tracks and fields.
• Notifying the Landscaping Supervisor of apparent discrepancies in quality of soils and fertilizers delivered by vendors.
• May be operating a tractor that includes an attachment, such as a rotovator, gannon, clam shell bucket, blade, power auger, or discs for purposes of weed abatement, grading, and other landscape work on District properties.
• For additional duties, please review the Classification Description.