Job Number: 18696
Posted on Aug 22, 2018
A mid-town Toronto estate is seeking a full-time, year-round salaried Estate Gardener. The garden is internationally acclaimed and is maintained at the highest standards.
- Manage extensive perennial beds, a large lawn, vegetable gardens, and a naturalized ravine
- Supervise a full-time seasonal Junior Gardener
- Manage numerous professionals, such as arborists, horticulturists, irrigation teams and lawn specialists who also service the garden
- Ensure that the grounds including patios, decks and pool are kept well-tended at all times
- Manage all inventories relevant to the garden
- Use, update and maintain an extensive garden manual
- Keep to a clearly defined monthly schedule
- Manage all administration and expenditures relating to maintenance of the garden
- Oversee pool contractor
- Performs related duties as required ?
- Extensive horticultural experience is required
- A minimum of 10 years working experience in a similar position
- Preference for a candidate who has attained Master Gardener certification
- In-depth knowledge of plant materials, plant and tree diseases, pruning strategies, soil conditions and watering needs will be required to succeed in this role
- A strong work ethic and an understanding that gardening hours are erratic and seasonal, is also essential
- Strong English communication skills
- Able to anticipate needs and manage time effectively
- Must maintain privacy and confidentiality at all time
- Exercise diplomacy, discretion and respect appropriate boundaries
- Must have a valid, clean Ontario driver’s license (class G) ?
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada ?
Excellent salary and benefits are commensurate with experience.
Interested applicants should apply with resume to email@example.com
Please refer to Job ID: 18696
Charles MacPherson Associates
Aug 22, 2018