Eastern Ontario Territory Manager
Job Number: 001
Posted on Nov 29, 2018
MTD Products Inc. is a world leader in the design, manufacture, and sales of outdoor power equipment. As a multinational privately held company, MTD provides high quality consumer goods through mass merchants, independent retail networks and online. We’re looking for employees who want to be part of our future, and who are dedicated to product innovation and outstanding customer service.
In addition to our diverse, business casual and fast paced work environment, you’ll enjoy our competitive benefits package which includes:
- Medical and dental coverage, Life, AD&D, Short term and Long-term disability
- DC Pension plan after one year of service
- Paid holidays, vacation and Christmas shutdown
- Tuition reimbursement opportunities
The Territory Manager is responsible for selling whole goods and parts to the dealer network. The Territory Manager will reach his or her business targets through effective management of designated territories and physical visits to dealer sites. This individual will also develop ongoing, profitable relationships with customers and continually maintain a professional image of the company.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build and maintain a list of prospective customers, based on information from newspapers, business directories, industry ads, trade shows, Internet Web sites, and other sources.
- Electronically scan dealers’ inventory and collect for retailed units, reconcile parts and whole goods accounts.
- Manage and schedule time effectively. Travel throughout assigned territory to call on regular and prospective customers to solicit orders, build relationships, and follow up in person or by phone.
- Display or demonstrate product, emphasize product features and benefits, quote prices, discuss credit terms and prepare sales contracts.
- Estimate date of delivery to customer, based on knowledge of MTD’s production, inventory and delivery schedules. Track stock levels – retailed and wholesale.
- Prepare accurate business transaction reports. Responsible for maintaining expense account and reports. Submit call reports as directed by the National Sales Manager.
- Work with inside sales representatives to keep account activities and literature current, accurate, and complete.
- Coordinate customer training for dealer employees.
- Develop and maintain relationships with customer service/technical, purchasing, credit and accounting contacts.
- Investigate and resolve customer problems with deliveries and consumer complaints.
- Responsible for organizing and conducting trade-show demonstrations.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, or 3 to 5 years of sales experience with independent retailers, or combination of education and experience.
- Self-starter with exceptional written and verbal communication skills and strong presentation skills.
- Solid organizational and execution skills.
- Efficient in MS Office Suite. Experience working with Salesforce considered an asset.
- Ability and willingness to travel within Eastern Ontario consistently.
- Current valid G driver’s license.
MTD Team Requirements
- You are able to work with others while still striving towards your personal goals.
- You bring positive attitude and are willing to help others every day.
- You hold onto Integrity, Stewardship, Respect and Passion at work and at home.
- You are approachable and friendly and have a “work hard, play hard” mentality.
Please send Cover Letter, Resume and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Territory Manager – Eastern Ontario” in the subject line.
MTD Products Limited
Jan 02, 2019