Lawn N’ Order is a well established residential landscaping company who has been practicing for 25 years in the Winnipeg Manitoba area. We offer a variety of services such as landscape design, install small to large projects, maintenance and snow removal.
The Landscape Site Supervisor is responsible for co-ordinating landscaping projects to start to completion. Attention to detail is crucial while reading creative design plans.
The supervisor must be knowledgeable in common landscaping construction practices . The site supervisor is also responsible for managing a crew of 3-5 people at a time, delegating tasks efficiently and ensuring that the quality of the work is maintained at a high level.
The surpervisor will also oversee that ongoing site safety is a priority and that tools & equipment are used properly and effectively.
Duties and Responsibilities:
-Be on site for all types of projects including but not limited to water features, patios, sod application & garden installations, grading & re-leveling of yards, retaining walls, driveways and snow removal jobs. Meet with the designer and or general contractor to overview projects.
-Keep track of materials used throughout the duration of the project.
-Complete projects within reasonable time expectations.
-Be sure that the project has been completed to customer’s satisfaction and to the customer’s original expectations for the project. -Supervise work crews in a tactful and ethical manner, ensuring efficiency in completion of projects, quality workmanship, safe work practices and work sites, coaching and support for crew members, and respect for customer property.
-Supervise crews in a fair responsible manner while ensuring that crews are working efficiently on projects to work towards finishing within the project deadline. Complete quality projects, give support for crew members and respect for all company tools and property as well as customer’s property.
-Delegate tasks in a strategic way playing to crew member’s strengths to overall improve how the crews act as a team.
-Actively problem solve for physical tasks, bad weather, tool malfunctions and any other issues that may arise.
-Operate landscaping equipment such as bobcats and skid steers, packers and masonry saws.
-Conduct site safety inspections and ensure crews are following safety procedures.
Required Skills / Qualifications / Personal Characteristics
• Minimum of 2-3 years of landscaping experience. Experience in a supervisory role is preferred.
• Ability to read, and review design plans and scales -Must be confident in residential landscaping practices such as use of laser levels, knowledge of proper structural integrity of retaining walls and patios, proper plant and grass applications and techniques.
• Ability to operate machinery used in landscaping projects (ex. bobcat, concrete saws, excavators)
• Supervisory skills – ability to effectively schedule, coach, direct and support work crews on a daily basis.
• Exceptional time management skills – task prioritizing, scheduling of current project & crew requirements and subtrades, planning for unexpected events (weather, unforeseen physical obstacles, etc.)
• Ability to lead and manage independently, demonstrate integrity on worksites, obtain and maintain respect from work crews (employees and subtrades)
Lawn 'N' Order Custom Landscapes
Ditchfield Soils Ltd. 204 782-5888