Job Number: 1
Wallace, Nova Scotia
Posted on Jan 18, 2019
Summary of position: The Horticulturist is primarily responsible for the overall appearance and health of the various garden spaces around the resort property and residential neighborhood. Other responsibilities include growing of greenhouse tomatoes/cucumbers and other select vegetables & herbs for kitchen use, and providing indoor floral displays for events.
- Diploma or degree in Horticulture
- Hands on experience working in a Greenhouse, perennial & annual garden spaces.
- Experience ordering all types of plant material from various suppliers
- Nova Scotia pesticide applicators license – Landscape certificate (or ability to obtain)
- Capable of operating required equipment and tools in a safe and responsible manner.
- Ability to work independently and efficiently, self motivated and responsible
- Confidence in directing a team of 10 + employees in all aspects of Horticultural work
- Knowledge of basic garden construction /landscape construction
- Enjoy working outdoors in a fast paced team environment to achieve high level results
- Planning of annual flower garden space displays/ growing from plugs in greenhouses & planting out.
- Planning & growing of produce for kitchen use- farm to table concept
- Scheduling and supervising employees daily in all aspects of Horticulture operations
- Keep records of work activities, product applications, material usage as requested
- Supervise application of pesticides when required for control of weeds, diseases and insects in Landscapes
- Work in accordance with all local health and safety laws and regulations.
- Assist with install of new home landscapes & garden spaces as required
- Provide indoor floral arrangements for events in conjunction with Florist
- Meet with residential members to discuss any home gardening requirements
- Participate in meetings, prepare budgets as requested for operating & capital needs
At Fox Harb’r Resort, we know every employee is a valued part of the team.Our benefits include:
- Competitive Salary & benefits package – Year round position
- Discounts at the Resort's Dining Areas; The Cape Cliff and Willard
- Complimentary use of the Junior Olympic Pool, Mineral Pool, Hot Tub and Fitness Room
- Team Member rates for Golf on the 18 Hole Championship and Executive Course
- Team Member Activities and Department Incentives
Interested individuals may apply by email:
Human Resources Department Email: email@example.com
While all responses are appreciated, only those applicants who will be invited for an interview will be contacted.
Fox Harb'r Resort
Wallace, Nova Scotia
Apr 08, 2019