Job Number: 02
Posted on Feb 08, 2019
Welcome to Whispering Pines- we are a destination company that truly care about our employees. We are growing and gearing up for Spring! We are currently seeking Construction Labourers.
This job would provide year-round work - with snow removal during the winter months. Visit our website to learn more about us, and the type of projects we complete
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Assist foreman in organizing day-to-day site activities
- Demonstrate excellent knowledge of landscape materials
- Client interaction and satisfaction
- Help keep equipment and truck maintained and organized
- Safe operation of all tools and equipment
- Assist with paperwork including timecards and accounting for on-site materials used
- Sales Assist
What we offer:
- Year-round work, with snow removal in the winter seasons
- Company provided cell phones, loaded with our own apps to track material and time. No more loose papers!
- Room to grow and expand in your desired field
- Monthly staff parties – BBQ’s, Patio Parties, Breakfast etc!
- A huge year end bash for you and your significant other
- Profit sharing programs- Year-end bonus!
- Company provided uniforms
What you offer:
- 3 plus years of experience in Landscape Construction
- A mechanical aptitude
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and a desire to learn and grow
- Strong communication skills, both with team members and clients
- Basic masonry knowledge
- Ability to train others and operate wheel loaders, skid steers and mini excavators as well as power tools
- Eye for detail
- Experience with organizing a project from start to finish
- Ability to diagnose landscape problems (ie. Drainage, grading etc)
- Knowledge and experience with irrigation systems and night lighting
- Proper knowledge of trees, plants and sod and preparing those items for installation.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- A valid G drivers license with a clean drivers abstract
- Minimum Starting Wage of $18.00/hour
- Maximum wage of $25.00/hour
- Employees having training including CHT, College Diploma, Completion of an Apprenticeship Program or a University Degree all in related fields may be eligible for a higher rate of pay.
Whispering Pines Landscaping
Mar 04, 2019