Landscape Maintenance Supervisor
Job Number: 1
Posted on Feb 15, 2019
Are you looking for a rewarding career in the Landscape Industry? Then look no further, as a top landscape company in the Kingston Ontario region Western Landscape offers a rewarding career with competitive wages and group health benefits. We offer a great on the job training program, challenging projects, and a great team environment. If you would like to make a difference in your community by offering services that help the environment by creating green spaces everyone can enjoy then please apply!
The successful individual will supervise a maintenance crew that specializes in individualized property care for residential and commercial properties.
- Ensures that all work is completed in a safe and efficient manner and maintains excellent quality.
- A strong working knowledge of landscape maintenance such as mowing, trimming, cleanup-up, cultivating, pruning and mulching.
- Must have knowledge of different plant varieties during various months of the year.
- Train, develop, and coach members of the team.
- Knowledge and ability to operate and maintain specialized equipment such as Zero Turn Mowers, Lawn Tractors, and small engines in a safe manner.
- Daily documentation of on-site activities and proficient with record keeping and technology.
- Manage safety, quality, and productivity of work at sites and at shop yard.
- Understand importance of completing projects within the budgetary guidelines.
- Supervise, coordinate, and schedule the day to day work activities of crew of 2 to 3 employees.
- Promote, train, and carry out all company safety procedures.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience on a Landscape Maintenance crew.
- Proficient with record keeping and technology.
- Excellent organization, written and oral communication skills.
- Good leadership skills with the ability to motivate and lead others with a supportive atmosphere.
- ‘G’ class Ontario driver’s licence with a Clean Driver’s Record;
- Emergency First Aid Level C Certificate and Fall Arrest.
- Clean Criminal Record Check
- $18.00 to $22.00 an hour depending on experience.
- Average of 45 to 55 hours per week. Full time seasonal from April to November.
Western Landscape Services Ltd.
Apr 01, 2019