Landscape Construction Superintendent
Job Number: OAKLCSUPER
Posted on Mar 21, 2019
We are looking for a Construction Superintendent to join our Team!
Established in 1992, our team of trusted professionals strives to accomplish the best outcome for ever single one of our clients, every time. With over 20 years of experience, we stand firmly behind out work and take immense pride in all of our projects, both big and small. Our focus and client dedication can be seen throughout decades of Oakridge Landscape Contractors award winning residential and commercial projects.
Job Type: Full-time
- Company Vehicle
- Company Phone
- Benefits and life insurance after 3 months
The Construction Superintendent aids in coordinating and supervising all construction activities. He / she will direct all field personnel to achieve completion of the project on schedule, within budget and with quality workmanship that conforms to original plans and specifications.
- Be familiar with each job and check each site daily.
- Ensure quality of workmanship is evident on each project
- Participate in invoicing, including maintaining proper measurements and tracking pay items. Be able to produce a detailed summary of work and be prepared to answer for any discrepancies
- Encourage, motivate, and increase the morale of the work crew to strive for high productivity
- Be aware of project targets before, during, and at the end of a job. Be mindful of labour and material costs and be able to raise alerts to management if targets are out.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Experience in scheduling, ordering, field supervision, quality control and job safety work habits;
- Experience in managing multiple projects and construction workers;
- First-Aid Training is necessary;
- Valid Driver’s License with clean Driver’s Abstract;
- College Diploma or Degree preferred with concentration in Construction Management or landscaping tech;
- 5 - 10 years of successful Construction Management experience.
- Must be familiar with the Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Maintain a daily journal
- Ability to read landscaping blue prints and project specifications;
- Understand what our scope of work is and flag any extra work that is outside of our scope of work
- Strong knowledge of elevations (grading);
- Ability to use a laser level and transit;
- Strong knowledge on the use of various tools, small and heavy equipment;
- Strong knowledge and recognition of various materials used in the industry (i.e. paving stone, precast wall, concrete, armour stone, etc.);
- Strong knowledge and recognition of plant material, identification and proper planting techniques;
- Strong knowledge of quality control procedures;
- Ability to troubleshoot and solve problems as they arise;
- Strong ability in managing snow removal projects, inspections and operations and a willingness to work hours associated with snow;
- Strong ability to represent OLC to clients in a positive and professional manner.
- Promote job safety and encourage safe work practices.
- Maintain positive and open communication with Owners, Project Manager, General Contractors, Engineers, Architects, etc; frequent updates to clients are very important. Make sure to give contact information
- Maintain strong communication with OLC foreperson and offer assistance in resolving site problems and issues;
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $75,000.00 /year
Oakridge Group Inc.
Mar 21, 2019