Outside Maintenance Worker
Job Number: 1
Posted on Mar 25, 2019
Outdoor maintenance workers ensure that all aspects of the grounds and outdoor areas of Sifton owned townhomes, common areas, and parks are attractive, well maintained and safe, providing an attractive, pleasant environment for our tenants and the community.
• Repair and maintenance of various aspects of building maintenance, including roofs, eavestroughs & soffit, window and door sills, and brick repair.
• Repair of maintenance of asphalt and concrete
• Landscaping, in particular patio levelling, retaining walls, and drainage
• Addressing resident work orders in a timely fashion
• Diagnose and repair foundation leaks
• Assisting with snow removal operation
• Safe operation of various types of equipment and/or light duty utility vehicles.
• Safe operation of stone saw, power tools, and various gas/battery power tools
• Litter pick up, regular garbage collection.
• Maintenance shop clean up.
• Participation in Health & Safety and environmental initiatives, including completion of all assigned training, hazard awareness and use of all required personal protective and safety equipment.
• Assist with the direction of seasonal staff.
• Self-motivated and energetic, able to work well within a team environment
• Good communication skills and a positive customer service focus.
• Obtain, or able to obtain Working at Heights certification
• Ability to perform physical job functions during all weather conditions.
• Dependable transportation; valid driver’s license and ability to report for flexible work schedules.
• Prior experience in a landscape or grounds maintenance environment.
• Prior safety training and strong awareness and knowledge of the safe operation of grounds maintenance equipment and other safety protocols.
Please apply directly on our website at www.sifton.com/careers
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations for interviews or other meetings, please contact Human Resources (519)434-1000.
Sifton Properties Limited
Apr 01, 2019