Golf Territory Manager (Southern & Southwest Ontario) Sales
Job Number: 12540
Southern Ontario, Ontario
Posted on May 16, 2019
The Golf Territory Manager (TM) will be expected to generate new business and grow share of business from Golf Courses and Golf Irrigation Contractors in addition to managing relationships with Irrigation Consultants and "captaining" golf irrigation projects while maintaining existing customer relationships. The TM will function as the "Ambassador" for Vanden Bussche Irrigation (VBI) in his/her respective territory. In addition, the TM will win, manage, track, and support golf irrigation projects in his/her territory. This role extends into existing regions, and requires sales call planning, execution and follow up according to company sales stratehies and objectives.
Key Performance Indicators (KPI's) include:
- Winning, positive attitude
- Consultative sales acumen with strong closing skills and ability to achieve target sales margins
- Strong networking skills
- Technical aptitude - computer/technological proficiency
- Professionalism in conduct and appearance
- Work ethic
- Strong negotiating skills
- Ongoing professional development initiative
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Organizational/time management skills
- Administrative quality and accuracy
- Problem solving/creativity/critical thinking
- Understanding of the "big picture"
- Collaborative mindset
- 3-5 years' experience in business-to-business/territory sales, and/or customer service - preferably in the golf course industry.
- Minimum College Diploma with experience in business-to-business sales or key account management, marketing, and human relations. Business Administration Degree preferred.
- The individual will have a proven record of success in business-to-business sales, a "win/win" attitude, driven to sell, above average computer/electronics proficiency, effective communication, problem solving, and time management skills.
- A strategic thinker and team player who can build and maintain lasting partnerships.
- This person will be able to leave a strong first impression, build trust, and profitably close sales.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain customer and market develop.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Proficiency in computer software.
- Make sales calls on existing golf course customers and prospective golf course customers as well as irrigation consultants, golf course architects, golf irrigation contractors, and other, relevant golf industry stakeholders/influencers.
- Strategically plan sales activity.
- Utilize Customer Rentention Management (CRM) software as required, and keep information/records up to date.
- Follow up on oppourtunities in a timely fashion.
- Creatively and professionally turn problems into oppourtunities by taking owership for and solving them yourself and/or by collaborating with colleagues and vendors.
- Participate in and help plan industry events that deliver a strong return on time and money invested such as, trade shows, regional industry events, training events, company promotional events.
- Complete and submit administrative tasks such as order processing, expense reports, travel logs, site visit logs, quotations/proposals, forecasts, and project updates correctly, completely, and on time.
- Strictly adhere to company safety policies at all times.
- Provide on-site and telephone technical support for clients to the best of your ability, and coordinate technical service support for requirements above your knowledge/skills.
- Serve customers in your respective branches on occasion, as required.
- Assist in ensuring inventory levels are adequate by liaising with branch personnel and the purchasing department.
- Keep your company vehicle clean, tidy, and maintained.
- Keep your work area safe, tidy and organized.
- Ensure company, customer, and vendor information is protected at all times.
- As an "ambassador" for Vanden Bussche Irrigation and Equipment Ltd., conduct your business affairs ethically at all times, and convey an image of professionalism at all times.
- Work and strive for continuous professional improvement/development.
SALES OPERATION (60%)
Strategically plan and execute territory sales responsibilities effiently and professionally.
Profitably and ethically win business from new customers and grow share of business with existing customers.
Spearhead golf irrigation projects in collaboration with vendor representatives and colleagues.
Effectively manage individual territory sales expenditures focusing on Return on Investment (ROI). Oversee and ensure good housekeeping and professionalism at all times.
Liaise with the Project Coordinator to remain current with proejct oppourtunities, seeing project oppourtunities through, and meeting deadlines.
Ensure high safety standards at all times.
MARKETING and PUBLIC RELATIONS (10%):
Foster and maintain customer, vendor, and industry relationships.
Assist in the implementation of territory specific events, and assist in the ensuring the success of promotional initiatives.
Deliver an excellent customer serivce experience.
Strategic territory sales planning in conjunction with the Sales Manager.
Devleop both short and long term goals, and execute sales initiatives.
Deliver and follow up on sales quotations/proposals, and liaise with colleagues accordingly.
Submit accurate, quality administrative assignments (forecasts, territory plans, territory reports and logs, as well as expense reports) on time, and comply with company Customer Retention Management (CRM) activity requirements.
Ensure integrity and accuracy of customer and vendor data.
Work deliberately and strategically to grow customer base, share of customer purchases, and retain customers.
Support company policies and procedures. Offer input to improve company efficiency and profitability.
Proficiency with SX.e software
Report directly to the Sales Manager, Robert Cooke.
Work with co-workers to achieve company goals.
Keep customers wanting to come back.
Southern Ontario, Ontario
Jun 01, 2019