Maintenance and Planting
Urban Garden specializes in condominiums, commercial properties, parks and streetscapes in the central and downtown Toronto area.
We are currently looking for an assistant manager: Landscape Supervisor; in the Maintenance and Planting divisions. This position requires a balance of both on-site/field-work supervision, and office/administration duties. You will be collaborating with various department managers, depending on the nature of the project, with a focus on overseeing maintenance and planting contracts.
Main Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide supervisory support to the Manager of Planting and Maintenance.
- Assist in the management of various maintenance and planting contracts and sites.
- Create estimates and proposals by performing initial site visits, develop sales estimates and present ideas for the scope of work. The use of our estimating software is required.
-Work with fellow managers to supervise landscape projects, ensuring high quality results and performing on-site training and guidance as required.
-Oversee specific Planting and Maintenance duties according to appropriate time of season: Seasonal Planting Program, Spring Turf Program, Mulch Applications, Fall Turf Program etc
- Assist with site reports and regular site inspections on maintenance and planting sites.
- Assist in Operations scheduling: carry out the crew schedules as outlined by the Manager.
- Ensure employee hours of work are accurately captured and input into the payroll system (via LMN software)
Get in touch with us if you meet these qualifications:
- Landscape & Horticulture education and training (and/or equivalent working experience).
- Strong horticultural knowledge with significant planting experience and identification.
- Valid “G” drivers’ License (mandatory) with a clean driver abstract, including the ability to drive and navigate larger vehicles throughout the downtown core.
- Experience with the use and operation of landscape maintenance tools and equipment.
- Strong computer software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) experience.
- Willingness to work in a cooperative, team-oriented environment with the ability to adapt to the physical demands, and quick pace of the position.
- Self-motivated, punctual, with a positive work ethic.
- Ability to work outdoors in various conditions with flexible availability.
This is full time position which entails (approximately) 50 hours per week.
Compensation is dependent on industry experience, training and references.
Thank you for your interest in our company.
Resumes to: email@example.com