Fossil Landscape Construction is Vancouver's premier landscaping company. We specialize in the construction and maintenance of custom high end residential properties. Working with us means working on a biggest and most impressive projects, interesting and unique work, support and training and taking your skills to the next level.
We are currently seeking an experienced landscaping professional for the position of Horticulture Coordinator. The primary function of the role is to take a leading role on all plant sourcing and planting operations on all projects; ensuring that superior quality plant material is sourced on time and on budget; and effectively manage and direct a planting crew and equipment to perform at an industry leading level.
For more information and to check out some of our amazing projects, visit https://fossillandscapeconstruction.com/.
- Proactively source high quality trees, shrubs, hedging, container stock and any other plant material needs, including international procurement
- Plan, organise and secure plant material for all projects well in advance
- Coordinate delivery of plant material and monitor quality of products received
- Build strong and effective relationships with nurseries and growers to ensure best service and prices
- Tertiary education in Horticulture, Garden Design or Landscape Design highly desirable
- A detailed and thorough understanding of plant material, soil types, plant health and nutrition, pest control, irrigation systems and landscape construction methods
- Possess an existing network of strong relationships with nurseries, growers and horticultural suppliers
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and build relationships with clients, suppliers, management and staff and all levels of the business
- Experience managing, training and supervising staff, and building a cohesive and high performing team
- Competitive compensation that reflects the responsibilities of the role
- Eligible for performance bonus and extended dental and healthcare plan
- Play a key role in a highly successful and growing company
- Company vehicle and phone
To apply, please respond to this advertisement with your resume and a cover letter. Thanks for your interest!