Job Number: 1
Posted on Nov 21, 2019
Groff Landscaping is a premier design/build/maintenance company dedicated to providing exceptional landscaping services to residential and commercial customers.
Landscaping Labourer Description NOC 8612 - $16.00/hour to be negotiated - 6 months May-Oct 2020
All under the direction of a supervisor at various site locations:
- Perform installation of walkways, patio’s, steps, and various hardscape projects with the use of interlock, natural stone, timber and wood, and masonry units.
- Safely operate & care for landscaping equipment & machines, including all lawn maintenance equipment. De-thatcher, electric/gas pruners
- Mow & trim lawns, clean up grounds, raking & blowing; spring and fall cleanups.
- Clean gardens, weed, prune shrubs and trees; spring and fall cleanups
- Assist with irrigation installations and maintenance
- Spade, prune and weed trees
- Prep sites by cleaning obstacles and hazards, load and unload construction materials
- Put together and take apart temporary structures
- Remove, fill or compact earth
- Shovelling, raking, wheel barrowing, lifting
- Lay sod
- Plant nursery stock as per site plan
- Perform sit clean ups
- Perform physical labour and other strenuous physical tasks
- Help equipment operator, landscape technicians, and other labourers when necessary
- Adhere to company safety and work/abuse policies
- Clean Driving record considered an asset
- Must be very skilled with their hands, Good hand/eye coordination
- Be able to safely operate motorized machines and tools such as gas & electric trimmers and a variety of lawnmowers. Ability to operate a skid steer considered an asset
- Follow instruction from supervisor
- Able to perform physical labour and work in all weather conditions, hot, cold, wet & dirty
- Able to lift 50lbs
- Must be punctual and eager to learn from on the job training
- Capable of working quickly and efficiently with great discipline and stamina
- Great team player.
- Good attention to detail and constant alertness are necessary for safety reasons
- High School or equivalent and understanding of English language an asset.
- Fast-paced environment, combination of sitting, standing, walking; Bending, crouching, kneeling; Tight deadlines.
May 01, 2020