This position is part of the Garden Centre Retail team and falls under the direction of the Retail Manager. The main focus of this position is to provide excellent customer service in the area of Retail and support the functions of Garden Centre Retail Operations. This Position is Full-Time Seasonal.
Areas of Responsibilities
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Answer customer inquiries.
- Answer Garden Centre phone calls.
- Give recommendations to clients regarding plants and other garden related products.
- Merchandise products.
- Support Retail Staff as required.
- Maintain a clean and safe workplace.
- Unload incoming deliveries.
- Handpicking plant material based on Landscaper’s order requests.
- Preparing plants for customer deliveries.
- Any other related tasks as determined by the Retail Manager.
- Good knowledge of various landscaping plants and their characteristics.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience working with the public in a retail setting.
- Ability to follow direction and stay on task.
- Ability to work in a team setting, and independently.
- Ability to handle heavy lifting.
- Ability to work in all weather.
- Previous Sales experience is an asset.
- Bilingualism is an asset.
- Horticultural Diploma or Certificate an asset.
Employee must supply and wear safety shoes/boots at all times.