Parks Handyworker 3
Job Number: 14790
Posted on Dec 27, 2019
Parks Handyworker 3
Job ID: 14790
Job Category: Parks & Natural Resources
Division & Section: Parks, Forestry and Recreation
Work Location: TBA
Job Type & Duration: Full-time, Temporary Vacancy, TBA
Hourly Rate: $28.09
Hours & Shift Information: TBA
Affiliation: L416 Outside
Selection Process: Senior Qualified. A Candidate List will be established
Number of Positions Open: TBA
Posting Period: 25-JAN-2021 to 26-MAR-2021
- Performs manual tasks in park areas which require some gardening ability
- Operates various types of equipment, mechanized grounds maintenance and grass cutting equipment
- Maintains parks turf by mowing, string trimming, fertilizing, clearing litter and removing garbage, as well as setting up semi-automatic and automatic irrigation systems
- Cleans, maintains and makes minor repairs to park washrooms
- Cleans, maintains and makes minor repairs to parks facilities and furnishings including, playing fields, ice rinks, parks benches, etc.
- Sets up equipment such as chairs, benches and soccer/football posts, etc.
- Clears and maintains parks walkways and entrances, including snow shovelling
- Assists in maintaining horticultural beds and shrubs, as required
- Performs other related work as assigned
Your application must describe your qualifications as they relate to:
- Experience in grounds maintenance and/or horticulture, preferably in a park setting.
- Experience with grounds maintenance and grass cutting equipment.
- Must possess and be able to maintain a valid Province of Ontario Class “G” Driver’s License and must qualify for the City’s equipment operating permits and requirements.
You must also have:
- Ability to provide work direction to others.
- Ability to accurately follow verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to communicate in English both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal courteously with the public and staff.
- Must be familiar with the Occupational Health and Safety Act and the regulations that apply to this work.
- Must be physically capable of performing all of the required duties and must be able to work in all weather conditions.
- Must be available to work shifts/weekends/overtime, as required
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
The City is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to creating a workplace culture of inclusiveness that reflects the diverse residents that we serve. Learn more about the City’s commitment to employment equity.
The City of Toronto is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive organization. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require Code-protected accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs. Disability-related accommodation during the application process is available upon request. Learn more about the City’s Hiring Policies and Accommodation Process.
City of Toronto
Apr 14, 2021