Sales Representative - Western Ontario
Job Number: 1
GTA West, Ontario
Posted on Jan 08, 2020
Company Profile - who we are and what we do
Alliance Designer Products is based in Montreal, Canada. We are the industry leader in hardscape accessories with worldwide distribution of our products. Our partners have come to depend on our superior quality products, hands-on service and industry certified training. We pride ourselves on innovation and producing state of the art technologies in their categories. Recent examples of these innovations are the launch of G2 Polymeric Sand with Rapid Set Technology - the only sand that is RAIN SAFE 15 minutes after installation and also Gator Base - a product that is revolutionizing the installation practices for the Hardscape Industry.
What separates us from the pack and why join Alliance Gator?
Who doesn’t want to be apart of a winning organization? At Alliance, we are dominating in our field with major momentum behind our products. This really is an exciting time to become a part of this great company!
Our core values and team culture are reflected in our day to day interactions with our customers and prospects. We strive to establish meaningful relationships with our customers, which often go beyond business interactions and develop into long standing friendships. That all sounds great right! We just want to emphasise the importance of finding prospects that identify with our values and culture.
Who are we looking for and are you the right fit?
This opportunity is not limited to anyone, however there are likely 2 ideal candidate types (below):
- A Landscape Contractor looking to make a change (ask Jeff Cunningham & Ryan Zullo of Team Ontario. They were both hardscape contractors who sold their companies to jump onboard with Alliance)
- An employee of a Landscape Construction Company. This would be a great opportunity for Foreman’s who are looking to make an advancement in the industry and for your career.
Continue to PAGE 2
We really want you to ask yourself if you identify with the below characteristic traits before applying. Hope you like bullet points!
- Self motivator and goal driven - This is a team atmosphere. The communication and support on Team Ontario is our strongest asset with weekly update calls and information sharing. At the same time, you need to be able to work independently and guide yourself.
- Wake up early and that doesn’t mean punch out early - Just because this is a sales rep position doesn’t mean it’s a ‘cozy job’. You know the industry...it’s a short season and our customers are out there grinding away. This is a full time opportunity with lots of perks. With that being said, our customers depend on us while they are in the field working.
- Be organized and punctual with your time management - Each and every day you’ll be muti-tasking. As an example, your territory will have over 50 customers (landscape supplier/dealers), each of these customers will have their own customers (contractors). To be really great at this position you need to support the contractor who is the ultimate end user of our products and provide any support they require; whether it be on-site consulting, demonstrating installation practices, troubleshooting, etc…
- Be teachable. It sounds cliche, but if you can be a good student you will learn very quickly. We have a great technical training program and veterans on our team that will shepherd you comfortably into this role, but you have to be willing to learn.
- Be ready to work physically - We build, install and demonstrate with a wide range of our products daily and often find ourselves on site with contractors supporting their businesses.
- Are you comfortable with selfies and the ability to present in public speaking engagements - Team Ontario is active on social media and marketing, it’s imperative that you feel comfortable to navigate through Instagram. We participate in many trade shows and speaking engagements. It would definitely be an asset to transition into this role. However there are coaching and training opportunities if required
- Professionalism and personal appearance - Remember you’re a reflection of the overall team, including the leadership group and the brand.
The hiring process
- We encourage you to visit our booth #1453 at Congress. Meet the team, introduce yourself and express your interest in the position
- Details of the financials, benefits package, territory details and more will be made aware to the applicants
- This position is open to be filled immediately. Please submit your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Good luck to everyone. We look forward to the process and finding the ideal candidate to join our team here in Ontario
Alliance Designer Products Inc.
GTA West, Ontario
Jan 27, 2020