Job Number: 001
Posted on Jan 09, 2020
Lays building materials, including concrete and brick, and constructs or repairs surfaces or structures to ensure completion of project within deadlines;
Customer Focused; good oral and written communication skills; Team work; time management; manual dexterity; working with construction tools; Adaptability/Flexibility; Creativity/Innovative; Planning and organizing; Problem solving; result focus; accountability and dependability; ethics and integrity;
- Obtains scope of work with drawings from Construction Manager;
- Prepares surfaces prior to beginning work;
- Fabricates, alters, repairs and maintains walls
- Lays blocks and/or bricks following plans, drawings or as per instruction from Construction Manager;
- Determines work requirements and sequence of masonry/tile assignments with construction manager through review of work orders, plans, or drawings;
- Lays out work using chalk lines, plumb bobs, tapes, squares and levels;
- Mixes cement using cement mixing equipment, and/or hand tools;
- Cuts or breaks bricks and concrete using hammers, power saws, paving breakers, drills, and/or hand tools;
- Molds expansion joints and edges using edging tools, jointers, and straightedge;
- Operates equipment as required;
- Perform preventative maintenance on tools and equipment by conducting inspections, lubricating, and cleaning on a daily basis
- Read and interpret blueprints, structural drawings, and specifications to complete work activities.
- Complete and submit all required paperwork on a daily basis to Construction Manager, including: daily site meeting logs, crew daily forms, equipment daily inspection forms, attendance tracking, time and materials billing summaries, requests for time off, etc.
- Comply with all company policies and regulations
- Maintain and enforce standards of cleanliness and organization in assigned trucks, trailers, equipment, jobsites, and yard areas
- Ensure that all work activities are carried out in a safe and efficient manner, and that all are in compliance with government and company PPE standard.
- Enforce and work in accordance with all local health and safety laws and regulations at yard and on jobsites
- Communicate with customers in a polite and courteous manner
- Responsible for assisting in inventory control measures of materials, equipment & tools.
- Advise and suggest improvements with regards to procedures and tools to help increase production capacity.
- Advise and suggest improvements with regards to all areas for cost savings and waste reducing.
- Act in a professional manner using tact and diplomacy at all times when representing Pro-Land Landscape Construction Inc.
- May be required to perform additional responsibilities as assigned;
Knowledge and Skill
- Good knowledge of materials, products and services provided by Pro-Land Landscape Construction Inc.
- Ability to understand managers instruction, and work within budget and timeframes;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills both oral and written to deal with clients, work with fellow employees and trades;
- Work may require local travel to current and potential clients where required; this requires the possession of a valid driver’s license;
Pro-Land Landscape Construction Inc
Mar 02, 2020