General Handyworker 3
Job Number: 3712
Posted on Jan 10, 2020
General Handyworker 3
Posting ID: 3712
Job Category: Trades
Division & Section: Parks,Forestry & Recreation
Work location: TBD
Job Type & Location: Temporary, Full-time
Hourly Rate and Wage Grade: $27.53 wage grade 4305
Hours & Shift Information: TBD
Posting Period: 19-DEC-2019 to 19-JAN-2020
- Performs various tasks in the installation, operation, maintenance and repair of mechanical equipment, construction and in general building, park and grounds maintenance.
- Assists various Trade workers/ Handyworkers 1 and 2 and others in their work and performs general construction, maintenance and repairs such as building repairs, setting up equipment, form and brick work, repair of furniture, equipment, etc.
- Installs, operates, maintains and makes minor repairs to mechanical equipment.
- Drives a vehicle as required to perform primary functions and may operate a forklift, rubber tire loader or overhead hoisting device.
- Performs a variety of work not requiring the service of licensed trade.
- Performs general grounds keeping duties such as grass cutting and snow removal.
- Performs other related work as assigned.
Your application must describe your qualifications as they relate to:
- Considerable experience performing a variety of semi-skilled work.
- Experience and knowledge of landscaping, building, construction practices and efficient operation and maintenance of associated equipment.
- Must possess and be able to maintain a valid Province of Ontario Class “G” Driver’s License and must qualify for the City’s equipment operating permits and requirements.
You will also be required to demonstrate:
- Must be familiar with the Occupational Health and Safety Act and the regulations that apply to this work.
- Ability to read and interpret sketches.
- Must be physically capable of performing required duties and must be able to work in all weather conditions.
- Must be available to work shift/ weekend/ overtime/ on call duty.
- Ability to deal courteously with the public.
- With the appropriate safety precautions, must be able to tolerate dusty, noisy, odorous conditions and heights.
- Must be able to work in and have knowledge of confined space entry regulation.
- Must be able to use a computer.
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
The City is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to creating a workplace culture of inclusiveness that reflects the diverse residents that we serve. Learn more about the City’s commitment to employment equity.
The City of Toronto is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive organization. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require Code-protected accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs. Disability-related accommodation during the application process is available upon request. Learn more about the City’s Hiring Policies and Accommodation Process.
APPLY HERE: https://jobs.toronto.ca/jobsatcity/job/Toronto-General-Handyworker-3-ON-M9C-2Y2/537837317/
City of Toronto
May 06, 2020