Job Number: 2
Posted on Jan 16, 2020
Are you looking for that next career move that blends together challenge, opportunity, strategy, management and your strong business experience?
You crave a high level of responsibility, raving clients and company profitability. You have been described as strong leader that others want to follow. You have years of proven experience overseeing multiple crew members, leaders and clients in the delivery of landscape maintenance and snow removal services. You thrive in overseeing and managing daily operations, and building stronger efficiencies and quality enhancement within the Operations. Coaching, training, developing and leading crew members excites you. If this describes you, we want to hear from you!
The Branch Manager is responsible for the overall success and day to day operations of the branch business unit, empowering their team to operate at the highest level in order to achieve all Branch success metrics including:
? Growth and Profitability
The Branch Manager is responsible for the financial success of the business unit and will participate in the development and management of annual operational budgets, strategic sales plans, customer Relationship Management and Labor Management and Efficiency. The Branch Manager reports to the Vice President of Operations and will lead a team of 5 direct reports including Maintenance Production Manager, Enhancement Production Manager, and Client Care Manager.
Summary of Duties/Functions:
- Effectively on-boards, monitors, trains/mentors, inspire and leads branch team in order to balance company goals with employee satisfaction and retention.
- Oversee and manage daily production of landscape maintenance, enhancements, turf, irrigation and snow removal.
- Management of Client Care Manager and oversee all customer accounts, management of key clients, enhancement pipelines and sales goals, achieve renewal and retention goals.
- Budget control of hours and productivity of production personnel, departmental expenses
- Work with the Executive and Leadership Team to establish and maintain the branch’s annual budget. Responsible for performance through Gross Margin line.
- Develop delivery schedule deadlines and oversee the development of production planning and schedule creation.
- Oversee safety, training, and Occupational Health and Safety compliance.
- Manage relationships with vendors.
- Review and approve all estimates before they are issued
- Administer preventive maintenance program and manage equipment repair and replacement. Work with Leadership Team to evaluate equipment purchasing and set-up.
- Partner with Human Resources to address corrective and disciplinary actions, staffing needs, recruitment and training needs.
- Conduct performance appraisals and compensation reviews partnered with Human Resources.
- Thoroughly understand the company operating and financial reports and be able to quickly identify positive/negative business trends and determine root causes to issues.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the area market to include end user trends, customers, competitors, suppliers and key market drivers.
- Committed to continuous learning and development (both personal and of the team) and capitalize on all relevant training and development opportunities.
- Respond to and effectively manage customer complaints.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- 5 years prior Branch Management experience in landscaping industry strongly preferred
- Business and financial knowledge including budgeting, margin vocabulary and dynamics and planning
- Strong people management background and proven leader
- A demonstrated ability to develop strong professional relationships in a business to business setting
- Prior business and sales development experience preferred
- Planning ability including use of excel or other software to analyze data and do calculations
- Creative problem solver with capacity to innovate
- Team orientation
- Prepared to lead by example, roll up the sleeves and do what it takes to get the job done
- Basic MS office skills and ability to learn other software
- Strong work ethic
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
Incentives for you:
- Competitive Salary
- Company vehicle, iphone, ipad, laptop
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Training and Development Opportunities
COMMUNICATION: We value listening attentively, processing thoughtfully and speaking deliberately.
RESPECT: We value regarding others higher than ourselves. This leads to harmony with our co-workers and conscientiousness with our customers.
TRUST: We value action that backs up talk. We know trust is earned slowly over time but can be shattered in an instant.
MOTIVATION: We value a hungry desire. Our best work is only going to happen as a result of our own initiative and enthusiasm.
TEAMWORK: We value the strength of the team. Our goals can only be achieved when each person is giving their all.
INNOVATION: We value learning. We know that past mistakes are only of value if they inform future action.
If interested, please apply online at GardenGrove.ca/Careers We appreciate all applicants, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Garden Grove Landscaping Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Garden Grove Landscaping Inc.
Jan 16, 2020