Assistant Team Lead ( Garden maintenance)
Job Number: 14
North York, Ontario
Posted on Jan 29, 2020
Positions: Assistant Lead Gardener
Company: foliage outside matters
Location: Toronto/North York, Ontario
Does this describe you:
You love the outdoors, love working hard, and are engaged in learning and sharing your knowledge.
Ideally, we are looking for experienced gardeners with skills in landscape maintenance, pruning, plant health care, and planting perennials and annuals. The successful candidate will be someone who has experience, but also wants to apply and expand their skills.
Fo.li.age Outside Matters is a high end residential garden maintenance and plantscaping company operating out of TTC accessible location in North York. Our clients have us servicing the Beaches, Toronto, Rosedale, and North York. During our workday, when given the option we use organic products for sustainability, and the Health and Safety of employees. We are committed to providing quality, detailed, and skilled work. You’ll have great equipment to use: from our fleet of new vehicles to some of the latest battery powered equipment available. At Fo.li.age Outside Matters, safety is our first priority. We consistently provide a safe working environment for our team and our clients
- You enjoy the daily grind of gardening
- You take pride in the quality of your work, take pride in your team, and take pride in the company you represent
- As a super candidate, you will role model the company’s vision of professionalism
- Contribute to a higher standard of lawn, garden and planting services that our company can be proud of
- 1 year+ experience in all aspect of garden and lawn maintenance (Weeding, edging, pruning, annual, perennial and tree planting)
- Eye for detail
- Skilled with most small landscape machine work (lawn mower, Line trimmer, Back Pack Blower)
- Basic plant and shrub identification skills
- Are thorough and efficient in your gardening work
- Safety conscious
- Physically fit & active (be able to lift up to 45 lbs. heavy objects for plant installations, soil)
- Ability to work up to 12-hour days, Monday through Friday.
- Stamina and commitment to work through all types of weather: heat, cold, rain, and even occasional snow
- Works hard not just for yourself but for your fellow team
- Valid G class “Ontario” license and a clean driver abstract
- Must have own: CSA approved steel boots, Secateurs(pruners), Holster, and Proper rain gear
A look inside the job
- Track time and materials used
- Operate small landscape machinery with precision (line trimmers, small mowers, and blowers)
- Load and unload materials, tools and equipment required to complete daily maintenance tasks and planting projects
- Keep vehicles and equipment: organized and clean
- Shared Driving duties
- Work in accordance with all local health, safety laws and regulations
- Previous experience in a relevant industry
- Formal or informal education or training in gardening/Horticulture
- An artistic side: Seasonal Urn & container creation experience
- An eagerness to learn
- Likes coffee and or Tea!
At foliage we believe that our employees are our greatest asset so we offer
- Competitive wages offered based on experience and demonstrated skills ($16-22)
- Paid travel between shop and job sites
- Health spending account after 3 months $250.00 to be used towards registered massage therapy, chiropractor, dental, prescription drugs)
- Paid sick/personal day program after 3 months with a top up after 6 months
- Subsidized uniform
- Discounts at Marks Work Warehouse and other suppliers
- Opportunity to borrow equipment for personal use
- Gatorade and Cliff bars stocked up at the shop
Following a full year of employment foliage provides:
- $200.00 annual contribution dedicated to the purchase of work-related clothing/gear. We want to help you look good out there as well as have the right clothing for combating the elements.
- We encourage growth for returning employees by investing annually in their pursuit of professional development during the off season with Industry standard Courses ($350.00)
- We offer opportunities for apprenticeship to the appropriate candidate
- Health Spending Account Limit & Paid Sick/Mental Health Day
If this sounds like an opportunity you would like to discuss further, check out our website and contact us at: foliagegardening.ca/employment/
If you do require any accommodations be sure to let us know during this application process, we respect hard work and hard working individuals!
Folilage OUTSIDE MATTERS Inc.
North York, Ontario
Apr 02, 2020