Crew Leader ( Garden maintenance )
Job Number: 15
North York, Ontario
Posted on Jan 29, 2020
Positions: Maintenance Crew Leader ( Full Time Seasonal)
Company: foliage outside matters
Location: Toronto/North York, Ontario
Does this describe you?
You love the outdoors, love working hard, and are engaged in learning and sharing your knowledge.
You are an experienced gardener who can motivate, and lead a crew during the variable weather of the landscape season ( April-mid December). You have professional skills and high expectations for self and crew in: landscape maintenance, pruning, plant health care, and planting.
Fo.li.age Outside Matters is a high end residential garden maintenance and plantscaping company operating out of TTC accessible location in North York. Our clients have us servicing the Beaches, Toronto, Rosedale, and North York. During our workday, when given the option, we use organic products for sustainability, and the Health and Safety of our team. We are committed to providing quality, detailed, and skilled work for our clients. You’ll have great equipment to use: from our fleet of new vehicles to some of the latest battery powered equipment available. At Fo.li.age Outside Matters, safety is our first priority. We consistently provide a safe working environment for our team and our clients.
- You enjoy the daily grind of gardening
- You take pride in the quality of your work, take pride in the team you lead, and the company you represent
- As a super candidate, you role model the company’s vision of professionalism
- Contribute to a higher standard of lawn, garden and planting services that our company can be proud of
- 3 years+ experience in all aspect of garden and lawn maintenance (Weeding, edging, pruning, annual , perennial and tree planting, Irrigation monitoring)
- Eye for detail, and exceeds standards
- Skilled in small landscape machine work executed with precision (lawn mower, Line trimmer, Back Pack Blower, Hedge Trimmer)
- Plant and shrub identification skills
- Are thorough and precise in your gardening standards
- Safety conscious
- Physically fit & active (be able to lift up to 45 lbs. heavy objects for plant installations, soil)
- Ability to work up to 12-hour days, Monday through Friday.
- Stamina and commitment to work through all types of weather: heat, cold, rain, and even some snow
- Works hard not just for yourself but for your fellow team, “What you permit, you Promote!”
- Valid G class “Ontario” license and a clean driver abstract
- Must have own: CSA approved steel boots, Secateurs(pruners), Holster, and Proper rain gear
A look inside the job
- Teaches crew to develop using onboard training
- Leads a crew of 3 to execute a maintenance schedule
- Effective communicator with crew and clients
- Responsible for keeping track of the day’s progress
- Represents our value for delivering a standard of high quality garden service
- Operates small landscape machinery with precision (line trimmers, hedge trimmers, small mowers, and blowers)
- Works in accordance with all local health, safety laws and regulations
- Load and unload materials, tools and equipment required to complete daily maintenance tasks and planting projects
- Keep trucks and equipment organized and clean
- Shared Driving duties
- Track time and materials
- Formal, informal education or training in gardening/Horticulture.
- Establish good communication with crew and clients
- An artistic side: Seasonal Urn & container creation experience
- Driving Truck and Trailer through the city
- Likes coffee and or Tea!
At foliage we believe that our employees are our greatest asset so we offer:
- Competitive wages offered based on experience and demonstrated skills
- Paid travel between shop and job sites
- Health spending account after 3 months $250.00 to be used towards registered massage therapy, chiropractor, dental, prescription drugs)
- Paid sick/personal day program after 3 months with a top up after 6 months
- Subsidized uniform
- Discounts at Marks Work Warehouse and other suppliers
- Opportunity to borrow equipment for personal use
- Gatorade and Cliff bars stocked up at the shop
Following a full year of employment foliage provides:
- $200.00 annual contribution dedicated to the purchase of work-related clothing/gear. We want to help you look good out there as well as have the right clothing for combating the elements.
- We encourage growth for returning employees by investing annually in their pursuit of professional development during the off season with Industry standard Courses ($350.00) Health Spending Account Limit & Paid Sick/Mental Health Day
If this sounds like an opportunity you would like to discuss further, check out our website and contact us at: foliagegardening.ca/employment/
If you do require any accommodations be sure to let us know during this application process, we respect hard work and hard working individuals!
Folilage OUTSIDE MATTERS Inc.
North York, Ontario
Apr 02, 2020