Job Number: 14753
Posted on Feb 06, 2020
Apply Here: https://jobs.toronto.ca/jobsatcity/job/Toronto-Greenskeeper-ON-M9C-2Y2/544390817/
Job ID: 14753
Job Category: Parks & Natural Resources
Division & Section: Parks, Forestry & Recreation, PFR Parks
Work Location: TBD
Job Type & Duration: Full-Time, Temporary Seasonal
Hourly Rate: $29.46 per hour
Hours & Shift Information: 40 hours per week
Affiliation: L416 Outside
Number of Positions Open: TBD
- Maintains golf courses and related facilities to departmental standards as determined by the Supervisor of Golf Courses.
- Primary duties include, but are not limited to the following operational requirements:
- Operates all equipment related to golf course maintenance in a safe and efficient manner
- Operates diesel and gasoline powered equipment, including farm tractors, greensmowers, both riding and walking, triplex units, mechanical sand rakes, fairway mowers, large rotary mowers, aerifiers, top dressers, utility vehicles, mechanical sprayers, verticut units, power rollers, walking sod cutter, overseeder
- Sets up and operates semi-automatic and automatic irrigation systems, and performs basic repairs as required
- Performs maintenance of flower and shrub beds as required
- Performs routine golf course maintenance such as changing holes and tee blocks, repairing divots and ball marks, services ball washers and litter containers
- Cleans and maintains upkeep of fieldhouse and washroom facilities; performs routine inspections
- Makes necessary reports and interacts with the public to ensure the safe and orderly use of golf courses and provides good public relations
- Performs other related work as assigned
- Considerable experience working horticulture or in a golf course setting.
- Considerable experience in the operation of grass cutting equipment and small power tools.
- Experience in the repair and maintenance automated irrigation systems with tools specific to the requirements of the golf course operation.
- Experience in the operation of hydraulic equipment with manual or automatic transmissions.
- Possession of a valid Ontario Driver's License Class "G" and eligibility to receive a City Operator's Permit.
You will also be required to demonstrate:
- The ability to set up and operate semi-automatic and automatic irrigation systems.
- Ability to assist in the repairs of equipment and to aid in the maintenance of said equipment.
- Ability to take direction and work with minimal supervision; work well with co-workers, and members of the public.
- Familiarity with the Occupational Health & Safety Act, WHMIS, and other regulations that apply to the nature of the Greenskeeper work.
- Must be able to work a 7 day week operation schedule with flexible starting times.
- Knowledge of golf course operations is considered an asset.
- Applicants are required to demonstrate in their resume/cover letter that their qualifications match those specified in the job posting
- Assessment may include an interview, written and/or practical test. Location of assessment to be determined.
- An employee's reporting relationship and/or work location may change due to operational reasons and in accordance with the Local 416 Collective Agreement.
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
The City is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to creating a workplace culture of inclusiveness that reflects the diverse residents that we serve. Learn more about the City’s commitment to employment equity.
The City of Toronto is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive organization. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require Code-protected accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs. Disability-related accommodation during the application process is available upon request. Learn more about the City’s Hiring Policies and Accommodation Process.
City of Toronto
Mar 31, 2021