Gardening Crew Leader
Job Number: 1
Posted on Feb 06, 2020
Gardening Crew Leader
The Local Gardener is a boutique gardening company, offering our clients landscape garden design, installation and maintenance in the Caledon and Orangeville area. At The Local Gardener we believe that working in a beautiful outdoor space is better. We take pride in our personal and professional service. We are dedicated to creating and maintaining naturalistic gardens that improve our clients’ outdoor living spaces, providing them with opportunities to connect with the beauty of nature.
Now in our tenth year of business we are happy to be seeking a passionate, positive, and hardworking Gardening Crew Leader. The current available position is for 40hrs+/week, April to late November.
What does the job look like?
- Organize and keep track of day to day activities, tools required for the job and track the crew’s tasks and properties visited daily including timesheets
- Manage a crew of 2-3 people
- Follow the policies and procedures of The Local Gardener, comply with safety regulations and represent company values
- Complete the maintenance and garden installation tasks with your crew, sometimes under the supervision of the Owner/Head Gardener and sometimes on-site without supervision, leading the team, depending on the day’s requirements
- Responsible for loading and unloading tools and equipment for each day’s tasks and projects
- Communicate professionally while on-site with clients and other trades
- Follow instructions and communicate to others the best practices for gardening from the Owner/Head Gardener
- Drive a dedicated work truck for the garden crew to specific properties throughout Caledon, Orangeville and Mono
What is required?
- 3-5 years experience of working in the landscape industry with garden specific knowledge and skills
- 1-3 years experience leading a crew of 2 or more (preferably a gardening crew)
- Ability to use power tools and hand tools properly
- Ability to drive a truck, have and maintain a Valid G Driver’s License with clean abstract
- Reliable transportation to our yard in rural Erin, ON
What can we offer you?
- Competitive Wages
- Pay Equity
- An inclusive, positive, respectful work environment
- Horticultural Apprenticeship opportunities
- Paid industry related events, learning opportunities
- Opportunity to work on some of the most stunning rural estate gardens in the area
At The Local Gardener we value:
- Organic gardening practices and respect for natural surroundings
- Being outside, with the changing seasons and weather
- Attention to detail to keep natural spaces healthy and gardens looking their best
- Appreciating the beauty and artistic quality of a well designed, well kept garden
- Working hard with others as part of a friendly, positive and inclusive team
- Professional customer service
We are currently growing our team for a busy season and looking for staff who share our core values.
We are proud members of Landscape Ontario with potential to pursue a Horticulture Apprenticeship for the right candidate.
Would you like to see more about our business and what we do? Please visit our Instagram account @the.local.gardener and check out our recent interview for the Landscape Ontario trade magazine:
If you meet our requirements and enjoy working outdoors, then please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com .
Selected candidates will be contacted for an interview.
No phone calls please.
Remuneration will be based on experience, and well within industry standards.
the local gardener
The Local Gardener
Apr 01, 2020