- Spread top soil; lay sod; plant flowers, grass, shrubs and trees; and perform other duties to assist in the maintenance and construction of landscapes;
- Cut grass, rake, fertilize and water lawns; fall and spring clean-up weed gardens, prune shrubs and trees; and perform other maintenance duties as directed by supervisor/manager;
- Follow all health & safety regulations including wearing appropriate protective equipment and following Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) for safe handling of fertilizers.
- Clean working areas and maintain tools and equipment.
Tools & Equipment:
- Packers, chain saws, hedge shears, sod cutters, pruning saws, cut-off saws, chainsaws, mowing equipment, string & bush trimmers, power blowers, turf rollers, rototillers, etc.
Hand tools such as shovels, rakes, hammers, wheelbarrows, picks, pruning shears, handheld and hose-end sprayers, saws, soil cultivators, water sprinklers, etc.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Reading: WHMIS labels, equipment manuals, complete logs and incident reports, job instructions and procedures
- Ability to take instruction
- Able to work in a team
- Willingness to learn
- Problem solving
- Customer service
- Ability to lift and work in diverse weather conditions i.e. wet and/or humid conditions; hot or cold weather