***This position begins in April, at the beginning of the landscaping season, until December, the end of the landscaping season***
We are looking for hardworking, independent individuals to be a part of the company for the 2020 landscaping season (and beyond). The position begins as soon in April. Qualified individuals have a chance at being part of our property maintenance division. Our maintenance division provides property services such as garden and lawn care, tree planting and sod laying.
Responsibilities of the job include:
- General maintenance labour tasks such as weekly lawn maintenance, weeding, pruning, edging, hedge trimming, transplanting & planting, tree and shrub removal, spreading mulch, laying sod.
- Being a hard, tough worker. Some days can be extremely hot and a lot of jobs are tough. Be prepared to work hard.
- Attention to detail. We service high-profile clients and doing a detailed and quality job is very important.
- Cleanliness and politeness
- Must be able to punctually get to Dundas (near Hwy 6 and York Road) each work morning
- Every day is spent outdoors.
- You will work hard, but you'll get healthy, tan, and strong in the process.
- Working with a crew of some awesome people.
- Opportunities to advance within a rapidly expanding company
- Opportunities to get industry certified through the Horticulture Technician Apprenticeship Program
Wage is dependent on experience (between $14-$17) for Landscape Labourer position.
Work experience & Requirements:
- Experience in the landscaping field. You must be skilled at lawn maintenance (mowing, trimming, etc...).
- Being familiar with plants, gardening, and landscaping.
- Willingness to work hard and to learn
- Enrolment or graduation in courses relating to horticulture, construction, or landscaping welcomed.
- CHT and CLT Landscape Industry Certifications are a strong asset.