Job Number: PM0121
Owen Sound, Ontario
Posted on Mar 16, 2020
We’re Looking for Amazing Talent!
Do you want to work in a rewarding environment, towards an exciting vision? Are you ready to pour your heart and soul into a place built on passion, and grow in knowledge and skill? Do you want to join a positive team culture of excellence?
At Hutten & Co. Land and Shore, we create refreshing spaces in a place that’s already beautiful, a place that we’re happy to call home. It’s not easy work, but the satisfaction is huge. From creative craftsmanship in stone and wood, delicate plantings, casual outdoor living, environmental shore solutions, and docking systems, we create spaces that connect our rugged land and shores into a place of natural beauty. We love what we do and want like minded people to join our team!
Job Description: Project Manager
Reports to: Construction Manager
The Project Manager organizes projects and personnel to oversee successful completion of projects on time and on budget, to quality and safety standards. The Project Manager also participates with estimating functions, allowing early involvement in projects requiring long term planning.
Job Summary – THE 3R’s
- Project Planning and Execution
- Leadership and Mentoring
- Contract Administration
- Award Winning projects are successfully executed in a consistent manner within division, with exceptional quality, customer satisfaction, and strong financial performance.
Metrics to Measure Results:
Success within this position will be measured by;
- Completion of projects as per estimated costs.
- Quality Score (no go backs)
- Employee Career Growth (per a pre-season plan, measured by career ladder, promotions).
Detail Overview of Responsibilities:
PROJECT PLANNING AND EXECUTION
- Organize labour, equipment, and subcontractors to complete job on time and budget.
- Organize and maintain projects and tasks in company CRM and construction schedule.
- Build job binders, in collaboration with Administration.
- Make site visits 2-3 times per week, keeping client informed with critical updates.
- Manage Customer Satisfaction
- Maintain Hutten Quality Standards on all projects, training accordingly.
- Hold foremen accountable to ongoing jobsite cleanliness and organization.
- Complete project punch lists and conduct close outs after every job.
- Build detailed estimate and work descriptions.
- Produce estimate in timely and effective manner.
- Periodically assist with sales presentations.
- Present and sell “extras” to clients for jobs in progress as requested, or as an opportunity becomes apparent.
- Promote and enforce a strong safety culture.
- Oversee safe completion of work according to all legislative requirements
LEADERSHIP AND MENTORING
- Together with construction manager:
Conduct performance reviews for all direct reports and ensure full cycle of performance reviews are completed within division.
- Assist with hiring, firing, and setting pay.
- Staffing up to handle work load, especially during peaks.
- On-boarding and training of new staff members
- Maintain written correspondence with client.
- Manage change orders to ensure completion and accuracy of invoicing
- Submit progress and completion invoices via email and arrange for payment.
Key Success Behaviours and Skills and Requirements:
- High organizational and time management skills.
- Strong technical skills in landscape construction.
- Strong in problem solving.
- Strong interpersonal skills, excellent communication skills.
- Strong in leadership, growth and mentoring.
- Highly tech savvy and adaptive to systems.
- Highly aligned with Company Core Values.
- Perform work quickly and efficiently, demanding excellence in quality.
- Service and teamwork focused.
- Desire to embrace and use technology.
- Hold and maintain valid driver’s license.
- Carry and use a smart phone or data-enabled device for communication and reporting.
Minimum Qualifications and Educational Requirements:
- Diploma or Degree in Construction Technology or Construction/Project Management.
- 5 years of experience in Landscape Construction
Hutten & Company Land and Shore
Owen Sound, Ontario
Feb 28, 2021